Sometimes when im playing a chord where im holding 2 or 3 strings with my ring finger i cant help but kinda curl my pinky behind the neck of my guitar for support... does this happen to anyone else?
Quote by insideac
No lol, it shouldnt go behind the neck. It wont give you much freedom

I know that the problem :P
i just cant help doing it
Well finger your chords slowly, and fix your pinky. Eventually itll fix itself...I think o.o Unless its some deformity which it probably isnt. Just do it all slow.
umm.. i'm pretty sure that not meant to happen lol
try playing power chords with ur first finger & pinky, that may get you out the habit of putting it BEHIND the neck.....
Quote by sam b
umm.. i'm pretty sure that not meant to happen lol
try playing power chords with ur first finger & pinky, that may get you out the habit of putting it BEHIND the neck.....

Quote by twenty7
I know that the problem :P
i just cant help doing it

hehe, well you should work on that a bit more. Actually, it's not really uncommon
when you use the ring finger, your pinky wants to curl up in a nice little knot.
The first step is at least being aware of it.

If anyone thinks they don't have this problem, try doing a pulloff from your ring
finger to your middle finger. If your pinky doesn't want to curl up, I salute you!
Actually, that's good practice to help it. Try doing that pulloff on all strings and
try and keep your pinky relaxed when you do it.