I am starting to save for a new electric acoustic and thought I would ask what people think is the best company/model for a electric acoustic??? Basiclly anything solid top and up.

cheers
and thanks in advance.
what's your target budget?

i personally think that Taylor makes the absolute best acoustic-electrics, but their good ones might be above your price range.
Well......I like to keep it around 1000$ canadian or less....but if there is that much of a difference i am flexible.
ohhh, nice for a $1,129.00(CDN from the store) you can get the Taylor 214-E. Sounds really nice not plugged in and probably gives you the best acoustic tone out of a pickup!
Hmm if you want the best acoustic sound then get a guitar with a condenser mic pickup in it in addition to a piezo.

I think Cort do a nice one, but there are probably better ones out there for the money.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I might get burned by others on here, but check out Alvarez guitars. They have several series' that are priced well within your price range. Their onboard EQ is top notch. Unplugged, they are made of decent materials (really good materials for the Yiari brand). Overall this is probably one of the most underrated guitar companies out there. Good luck in your search.
100 people are going to give 100 different recommendations bud, and your gonna get mega confused.

The best thing is to go to the best Guitar Shop that is nearest you, and sit down with one of their professionals and explain to him what music you would likely be playing and your budget, and have him demonstrate them. (or sit in a quiet corner by yourself, and play each of them), the decision will be easier that way.

If you are on a tight budget, ($300 and less) I would HIGHLY recommend Yamaha. But if you are thinking of spending $1000 I would say Cole Clark or Taylor, they have Studio Quality guitar's in the price you are looking for.

One recommendation: NEVER Buy from the internet. I have heard horror stories, of guitars being nothing like they were made out to be, and of course, if you have a problem with an instrument you bought from a guitar shop, you can always take it back to them

Hope this helps. Good Luck!
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 10, 2007,
i agree with djaye. also, don't overlook breedlove. i'd probably reccomend them the highest in the thousand dollar range and then alvarez second.
^ The main difference is that Alvarez offers solid sides in that price range...but the difference is small and I like that Breedlove offers a concert size guitar. So I might agree with you...but we're talking inches not miles here.

Gear:
Partscaster/Tele into a bunch of pedals, a Maz 18 head, and a Z Best cab.
Quote by DJaye
100 people are going to give 100 different recommendations bud, and your gonna get mega confused.

The best thing is to go to the best Guitar Shop that is nearest you, and sit down with one of their professionals and explain to him what music you would likely be playing and your budget, and have him demonstrate them. (or sit in a quiet corner by yourself, and play each of them), the decision will be easier that way.

If you are on a tight budget, ($300 and less) I would HIGHLY recommend Yamaha. But if you are thinking of spending $1000 I would say Cole Clark or Taylor, they have Studio Quality guitar's in the price you are looking for.

One recommendation: NEVER Buy from the internet. I have heard horror stories, of guitars being nothing like they were made out to be, and of course, if you have a problem with an instrument you bought from a guitar shop, you can always take it back to them

Hope this helps. Good Luck!

listen to the man he know his shi*