Hey Guys & Gals,

I have noticed when ever I get a tab off of this site there are allways those tabs for Guitar Pro.... What is Guitar Pro, What does it do and is it a good Idea to get it?

I understand that it is a downloadable program but what is so good about it? Or are there better programs like Guitar Pro Out there?
Cheers

Strum a chord
"I would rather be hated for something I am, then Loved for something I am Not" - Kurt Cobain

My Gear..
Black SEGOVIA Cut-away modle
.60mm Dunlope Picks
YES I KNOW THAT I HAVE VERY LIMITED GEAR..
a similar product of it is Powertab... but with pro its more accessible and you can throw in drums and other musical instruments. I have a hard time with power tab but Guitar Pro is no problem.
Okay... But what does Guitar Pro do........
Cheers

Strum a chord
"I would rather be hated for something I am, then Loved for something I am Not" - Kurt Cobain

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks
Guitar pro is a tabbing program. Basically, you write sometihng in, and it plays it back to you. Its similar to powertab, although better becasue:

1. You can put in drums, bass, and a whole lot of other instruments.
2. Its more user friendly.
3. Its unique use of an add-on called RSE (Realistic Sound Engine). This is a program that changes the sound from the polyphonic ringone-type midi sound, to a slightly more realistic one.
4. A wider range of tabs is available for Guitar Pro.

I have this, and i barely use anything except it now.
It also makes writing songs much easier, and also helps with the theory side of guitaring.
I myself have been churning out entire songs with drums and bass the past few weeks, its so easy =P.

Overall, yeh, its DEFINATELY worth getting. Its meant to cost money but..

I downloaded off Limewire. /shh
Well, say for guitar, it allows you to wright somthing down, than play it. For example if you tab out the G chord on the program, you can press play, and it will sound the G chord, its very cool, and there is a free 15 day trial, I'd check it out.
When you open it it shows you a blank interface of a sheet of manuscript with 6 lines, you can then place what notes you want played on the manuscript and it plays them.

It lets you hear what songs would be like, even if u cant play them, but more usefully you can learn songs from it as see how their played.
ya it helps with theory a lot, especially if you wanna try soloing in a certain scale cause itll show u the guitar neck and all the notes u can play in that scale to give you a better idea of what to do
Quote by GibsonPuppeteer
I've had the tiny ones in my mouth and accidentally swallowed a bit of the liquid, you should be all right.

Quote by xDie_Romanticx
just dont get it in your eyes and wear gloves
Last edited by jimmiew at Jan 10, 2007,
It Sounds Like a Good Investment.. so you get a free 15 days? that sounds good but do you pay once or monthly???

And I know you can download it but is it possible to buy it from a music store or bestbuy or something like that???? Like you would a Video Game?
Cheers

Strum a chord

My Gear..
.60mm Dunlope Picks