My band likes hard rock to sum punk music.... We are going to play in an umcoming talkent show and i was wondering what songs u think we should play....
Quote by MitchGuitar12
My band likes hard rock to sum punk music.... We are going to play in an umcoming talkent show and i was wondering what songs u think we should play....

Um whatever you want to play?

Its not hard to find stuff to play. I mean I have done lots of talent shows at school and more often that not no one cares what you play.

As a friend once told me

"Dude, its a guitar no one cares what song is played on it if it is played well."
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
Well, if it's a talent show, then why not play something you created and actually display your talent, instead of playing other people's songs?
Proud owner of an Engl Thunder 50 Reverb and an Ibanez S470

"The end is extremely fucking nigh..."
^ yea, and even if one likes punk, punk bad for a talent show. Because if if you do think its good music, you cant really say it requires that much talent. Write something. MUCH more impressive.
Quote by Gitter_Wizard
^ yea, and even if one likes punk, punk bad for a talent show. Because if if you do think its good music, you cant really say it requires that much talent. Write something. MUCH more impressive.

Not at all true.

Go pick up a Cheap Sex album and tell me that you still think punk doesn't require musical talent (by which I assume you mean songs that confuse your fingers as opposed to creativity.)

To the OP:

There's a lot of options.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
youre gonna wanna do something that gets the ur school on their feet. try smells like teen spirit, its real easy to play and still rocks. if not, try some classic punk like the ramones or sex pistols. blitzkrieg bop, god save the queen are good to play. Good luck!
FREE BIRD!!!!!111oneone
SX Ursa 2
G&L Tribute L-2500
Ibanez ATK700 (all but sold)
Ashdown Elec. Blue 180 (need something else...)

-Bass Militia- \m/
Yeah Blitzkrieg Bop by The Ramones (as if I needed to tell you who wrote that song lol) that will get a crowd going.
Echoes and Shine on you crazy diamond both parts by Pink Floyd
If you play that perfectly they'll like you.
Quote by Archaon
Ever hear of that song, "Learn how to read and write"?

lol, Vart

seriously, Brain stew - Green Day
hue
Fur Elise - Ludwig Van Beethoven

If you learn the guitar version it sounds sweet, play that and all the oldies will love you, plus people will think that it's hard because it's by Beethoven, but secretly you know that it's a piece of piss to play.
Take a well-known pop song or something and cover it, but turn it into a rockier version. For example, my band played "Sweet Dreams My L.A. Ex" by Rachael Stevens but we upped the tempo and arranged it all for guitar, bass and drums. The crowd loved it. It also shows some creativity and talent on your part, to be able to re-arrange the song like that.

A couple of bands who have done something simalar include:
Arctic Monkeys - Love Machine (Girls Aloud)
The Automatic - Gold Digger (Kanye West)
The Fratellis - Ooh La La (Goldfrapp)

etc.
Quote by buckethead_jr
^And known for that bloody awesome croissant with a crown.
Man that's badass.

MINE SIG R PINK
Quote by Rory's_strat
The crowd will love anything by feeder, perticuly buck rogers or just a day.

Though if hes from USA i doubt the crowd will really know Feeder.