hey guys, wondering if the posts on the single coil pickups, because i clean them quiet hard
i think hes asking if they will get damaged
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
yes, the posts
Gear:
Ibanez Destroyer
Roland Cube 60
Boss TU-80
Ovation acoustic
Original Crybaby

"If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried" Josh Homme

My Profile

^^Check out my profile for some improv solos^^
I still got no clue of what he's asking.
Looking for a new sig!
1. You won't damage the posts cleaning them unless you take a stone or dremel or something to it.

2. Why are you so crazy about cleaning the posts. Guitars age naturally and the tone changes with it. Let things ride, patina is good.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
no i ment does the little metal things that receive the vibration move, for example: to adjust the pickup height
Quote by Mudder
1. You won't damage the posts cleaning them unless you take a stone or dremel or something to it.

2. Why are you so crazy about cleaning the posts. Guitars age naturally and the tone changes with it. Let things ride, patina is good.

the reason i worried is that the posts rust if u dont clean them
Rust? Are you storing it in a musty basement or steamroom or something? I've never had pole pieces rust. My older guitars have a nice dark patina on them, sort like a silver plate that needs to be polished.

For rust I would use a soft wire bristle brush and just make as few passes as needed. You won't hurt the tone any, they're magnets and the smoothness of the top isn't all that important.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.