black neck plate
black strap buttons
black volume knob
standard 3 way LP switch
Ibanez RG tuners
black string trees
black pickguard (from vintage blond)
Painted headstock (with custom decal)

I don't like maple necks on otherwise all black guitars. Otherwise I like it. BTW, what makes it a '51?
Hi, I'm Peter
Yeah, what makes it a 51' besides of that it looks bad.
Looking for a new sig!
It's based on the Fender '51 bass, which featured a tele style headstock and a pickguard like the one on this guitar.

Sorry you guys feel that way. The guitar actually feels and plays really nice and offers a wide variety of sounds. Squier has come a long way and some of their guitars are still hit or miss, but this and my modifed Squier Affinity Tele are both exceptional guitars for the money.
I quite like how it looks, the combination of a black guitar with a maple neck is sweet
Washburn X50 PROFE
Dean Custom 450
Morley PWA Pro Series Wah
Big Muff Rams head
Zoom G2
Ibanez Phase Tone
Randall RG75 G3

Tales of Ale: http://www.talesofale.com
^^ Oh, interesting. Got any sound clips? And people who automatically say "Squires suxorz!!!111!" are morons.
Hi, I'm Peter
thats looks pretty sweet, well done

!!!feel the funk blast!!!

STAND UP FOR WHAT YOU BELIEVE IN
Nice guitar, good choice of fingerboard wood, i h8 fenders with stuff like rosewood fingerboards
Wow, that looks pretty awesome. Pretty awesome indeed. How does it sound?
Quote by primusfan
It wasn't mean, it was Portuguese.

Master Saruwatari of the Pit Samurai Pm theguitarist to join

Membro do clube Português do UG.
Quote by mfergel
It's based on the Fender '51 bass, which featured a tele style headstock and a pickguard like the one on this guitar.

Sorry you guys feel that way. The guitar actually feels and plays really nice and offers a wide variety of sounds. Squier has come a long way and some of their guitars are still hit or miss, but this and my modifed Squier Affinity Tele are both exceptional guitars for the money.

Yeah, especially the necks on the 51's are amazing; I'd say they rival MIM Fenders, easily (too bad the rest of the guitar is so cheaply made).
Quote by mr_hankey
Yeah, especially the necks on the 51's are amazing; I'd say they rival MIM Fenders, easily (too bad the rest of the guitar is so cheaply made).

For a Squier, it rocks like all the minerals you studied at school. The pickup switching is wierd, though.
Yeah, the pickup switching is a bit wierd. Maybe the original '51 bass employed a rotary switch. That's why I changed it to the Les Paul 3-way. It still has a coil tap (pull up on the volume knob).

The guitar sounds pretty good. The Paf Pro is a good choice for it. It gets as heavy as a stock Epi LP Standard but is a bit brighter because of the wood (basswood) and thinner body. Nice single coil tones.
Quote by avalanche930
all those nice features going in to such a shitty guitar. what a waste

They are actually nice to play and with good pickups I'm sure it sounds pretty nice aswell. Good job on the mod. I've been tempted to get one of these and mod it a bit.
Its a huge improvement on the original. However, I hate Tele's with a passion, so my opinion is somewhat biased. I like the black on black pickguard, though.
i like the way it looks. Did you just paint the front of the headstock or painted the sides and back too?
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
it would look cool with a chrome lip stick or a chrome single coil pickup in the neck to match the control plate.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
ya^

and i like it....i was gonna get a squier telecaster and put my fender(bullet not a squier, its a guitar that was made in the 80s, tele style)neck on it
[quote="'[im_a"]TOOL']Its a huge improvement on the original. However, I hate Tele's with a passion, so my opinion is somewhat biased. I like the black on black pickguard, though.

the only thing thats "tele" about that guitar is the name and headstock so....whatcha on about???
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX