I recently heard a recording that my uncle was working on(hes a sound enginner) and i was told that for it the band just used a small amp that cost around 60 quid. One of the pignose "legendary pignose" amps. I am now looking at it, as at the price i think it might be a great addition to my rig to get a more solid soloing tone, as currently i use a prs se custom and a les paul studio through a peavey valveking. The reviews from harmony central span everything from great to absolute junk, so i was wondering have any ugers used this amps, and how where they ? ive been told i should be able to coax a sweet blues sound out of it
i have a question to you, not reguarding the pignose amps (which i think are great)

what does your uncle's job involve? does he enjoy it? because i'm considering sound engineering at college and i want to know what it's like.

sorry i couldnt help with the pignose, though.
cheers!
originally posted by Shoestick
Holy hell, that is the primest example of a rambling idiot trying to sound intelligent Ive ever seen, and I just sat through four years of Bush!
Quote by rockinlewis
i have a question to you, not reguarding the pignose amps (which i think are great)

what does your uncle's job involve? does he enjoy it? because i'm considering sound engineering at college and i want to know what it's like.

sorry i couldnt help with the pignose, though.
cheers!

um...in all truth it hasnt worked out that well for him. Hes an excellent enginner, he was invited to work in america with tim young, but couldnt afford to. Hes had to borrow alot of money from relatives, and it seems his job is quite annoying alot of the time, as it seems its not just about being able to enginner but be able to work with bands and get a decent take out of them. He now works recording new acts that labels think there may be some millage in, so they give him premises and they take a cut of what he makes. Seems to be working out beter for him. Its been a hard run for him...i dunno how it'd work out for you.
And his job entails recording, which is alot more involved I think. Making sure the band get the right sound and get the right equipment going. Its quite difficult frorm watching him and being made to do some myself. Hope this helps some
that all sounds alright, specially since its either that or school

thanks for your help
originally posted by Shoestick
Holy hell, that is the primest example of a rambling idiot trying to sound intelligent Ive ever seen, and I just sat through four years of Bush!
Haha. I was in a guitar store and there was a german couple trying out one of those for thieir personal CD player to hook up to. i was like WTF?!?!!?!?!?!?
The small battery powered Pignose amps have been around for a long time and are a favorite of musicians for recording, or at least used to be.

The new Pignose G40V is a real solid and cheap all tube amp, excellent chassis for modding.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.