What are good death metal songs for beginners to learn, I've can play Zombie Ritual by Death and most of Crystal Mountain, I've been playing for a year but practicing from 2 - 5 hours a day almost every day in that time. I want to learn some Opeth songs but most of them have really technical acoustic bits in and I don't have a decent acoustic at the mo so I don't practice acoustic style much at all really except with my multi-effects pedal.

So anyway what songs can you suggest? Oh yeah, I might try and learn some Black Metal too so if you know any really decent black metal songs for a beginner then recommend those as well please.
On the TV, they said Krakatoa erupted at a rate of around 350mph as if thats fast.. they obviously hadn't seen Van Halen's Eruption.
Quote by alexgmcm
What are good death metal songs for beginners to learn, I've can play Zombie Ritual by Death and most of Crystal Mountain, I've been playing for a year but practicing from 2 - 5 hours a day almost every day in that time. I want to learn some Opeth songs but most of them have really technical acoustic bits in and I don't have a decent acoustic at the mo so I don't practice acoustic style much at all really except with my multi-effects pedal.

So anyway what songs can you suggest? Oh yeah, I might try and learn some Black Metal too so if you know any really decent black metal songs for a beginner then recommend those as well please.

opeth songs arent too hard and if you break down the acoustic sections, they really arent that difficult, just a little tricky sometimes. they do take a while to learn.

as for death metal, i found graves of the fathers by cryptopsy to be not too difficult but i dont really learn much death metal.

as for black metal, transilvanian hunger is well easy, and filosofem (burzum) is fun to play as well.

i would also try some thrash. i learned tornado of souls by megadeth really early on. its also good for developing speed.

but i dont really learn a lot of metal tbh, i like classic rock as far as playing songs goes.
Cool, thanks for the reply the Tornado of souls breakdown ;looks pretty good to build up finger strength
On the TV, they said Krakatoa erupted at a rate of around 350mph as if thats fast.. they obviously hadn't seen Van Halen's Eruption.
^That song is one hell of a pinky excersize.

Threadstarter, check out some Vader. Good way to improve your trem picking. Xeper is a horribley easy song and very fun to play.
Dyer's Eve is awesome, and has an abnormally large penis, which doesn't act as any hinderance to his everyday life despite its freakishly large size.
For unrivaled obedience, user King_ofKumbucha is awarded this spot of honor.
Most At the Gates is especially easy if you like Melodeath. 'Specially the song Blinded by Fear.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
You could try The Pursuit Of Vikings by Amon Amarth , very easy song and cool to play.
The eraser by hypocrisy is also cool and preety easy to play.
Day of suffering by morbid angel.
Platonic Disease by Obituary.
Symphony of the dead by Therion (from the beyond sanctorum Album)
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
alot of old school death metal is not that hard. fast picking, but there isn't too many notes.

old school cannibal corpse is pretty simiple.

Morbid angel - fall from grace sounds awsome and is easy for the most part.
Read my post. Not this.
Deicides Rhythm is really easy. The solos in the new album are a evil though. =/
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
Quote by unfathomable_bo
Spheres Of Madness by Decapitated is pretty easy, nice fat verse riff aswell
EHHHHHHHH.

I find that so hard to do perfectly clean. Knackers mah pinky too.

Anyway, if you have access to a 7-string (Or can tune down to A#) Morbid Angel - God of Emptiness is relatively simple.
LAMMERGEIER
Disclaimer: Dyer's Eve can not be held responsible for the loss of time spent or the insult to your aural senses as a result of exploring this link
Id say

Vader-Dark Age
Cannibal Corpse-The Bleeding, Decency Defied
Bolt Thrower-Where Next To Conquer, Cenotaph

Plus everything mentioned above
Cannibal Corpse-Hammer Smashed Face is a good intermediate song and I've been playing only slightly longer than you so you should be able to pull it off.

I made a really accurate gp4 tab of this song but UG denied it cuz there are already a lot on here (even though all of the gp tabs suck).
^post it here man. i'd like it.

dark tranquillity- white noise/black silence was quite easy for me.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Quote by Night_Lights
^post it here man. i'd like it.

dark tranquillity- white noise/black silence was quite easy for me.

I sent you a pm
Quote by Nelsean
Deicides Rhythm is really easy. The solos in the new album are a evil though. =/

Of course , since the useless hoffman brothers left, the band has become better, and with Ralph Santola the guitars are awesome.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
Of course , since the useless hoffman brothers left, the band has become better, and with Ralph Santola the guitars are awesome.

hahahahahaha until you can play the Scars of the Crucifix or Trifixion solo I'd recommend you rethink the "uselessness" of the Hoffmans
^True.

The Hoffman Bros still pwned ass.
Most of the important things

in the world have been accomplished

by people who have kept on

trying when there seemed to be no hope at all
I started learning old school, like king diamond, that helped for the later and more technical stuff.
Quote by raise_the_dead
Technical farts in odd time signatures?

WTF do you eat?

Quote by metabolicmaggot
Wow these answers scare me....I've swallowed some of that suff....I need a shower.
"Burn In Hell" by Dimmu Borgir is fairly simple, ive been working on iy for 7 hours now and im already up to the solo. Great sound, easy to play, what else do you need to get started?
For black metal I highly reccomend I am Black Wizards by Emperor. Easily my most enjoyable song to play for black metal. it sounds very cool
FAN OF EMPEROR ?

Quote by Magero
Theres more of us it wont be long before we you over the world and you can burn all the churchs you want

I'm MAD about Black Metal. Ask me about Church Burnings.
Quote by unfathomable_bo
hahahahahaha until you can play the Scars of the Crucifix or Trifixion solo I'd recommend you rethink the "uselessness" of the Hoffmans

i dont understand whats so hard about the scars solo... also it sounds crappy.
Youtube covers

[url="http://www.youtube.com/user/MrJumboHumbo[/URL"]
Any Obituary songs, and really the best thing you could do is take parts from harder songs from bands like Necrophagist or Psycroptic and just work on them really slow, you'll be able to conquer the easier songs much faster.
Quote by Thedarkwolf
Cryptopsy phobophile is pretty easy

I fully agree. Also, Cryptopsy-Adeste Infidelis will greatly improve your trem+string skipping.
Quote by Everybody
Plus_the_Bear is the entertainment event of the holiday season!

My rig:

Ibanez Custom Chinese Fireball
Epiphone Les Paul Standard
2 Crate solid state half-stack cabinets and ampheads.
Digitech 2000 Whammy/Wah Pedal
Dunlops Picks
Quote by Thedarkwolf
Cryptopsy phobophile is pretty easy

No, not if you're aiming to play it properly (the power tab/guitar pro files for Phobophile on the internet are totally inaccurate).

Quote by Plus_the_Bear
Also, Cryptopsy-Adeste Infidelis will greatly improve your trem+string skipping.

Good death metal songs for beginner/intermediate

So many idiots.
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
No, not if you're aiming to play it properly (the power tab/guitar pro files for Phobophile on the internet are totally inaccurate).

So many idiots.

actually i figured out how to play it by my self ,and it sounds just the same
Wolv
Most things off Cannibal Corpse's first few albums, and also "Infinite Misery".

For the first albums, you'll need Eb standard tuning.
Infinite Misery will need Ab standard.

--Masochist Lust
Quote by Magero
Ab standard? Please tell me they use seven strings.

No, they don't. I dropped Ab to Gb as well, but then the strings started to get too loose, so I tuned up to C because I like that tuning.

--Masochist Lust
Quote by Thedarkwolf
actually i figured out how to play it by my self ,and it sounds just the same

Ok, so you consider 16ths trem picked at 230 bpm beginner material.

Either way, you have no idea what you're talking about.
^^ I agree, there is no way a beginner could play that accurately at all
I'd say older Cannibal Corpse. I Cum Blood and Hammer Smashed Face are pretty easy, and The Pick Axe Murderers isn't TOO hard either.
Behemoth - Conquer All is pretty easy, from what I remember of the riff pattern. The rhythm is basically the same riff over and over again except for something like one section.
Gear:
SX SJB62-5 5-String Fretless Jazz Copy (EADGC)
Ibanez GSR200 4-String Fretted (BEAD)
Ibanez IBZ10B 10 Watt Practice Combo Amp
DR Stainless Steel Lo-Riders
Yamaha Air Cell Straps
Anything by Necrophagist... Easiest music to learn...

What?

Someone HAD to say it.

EDIT: Bah! Magero got to it first...
Quote by zachbino57
CSguitarvocal is correct as usual, pepsi tastes much better out of a can.

Quote by TWISTEDFender
And CSguitarvocal for teh win.
Quote by gimme_fuel_89
Ok, so you consider 16ths trem picked at 230 bpm beginner material.

Either way, you have no idea what you're talking about.

trem picking is the easiest technique in metal,after palm muting ,and it's not that hard to get down actually .
Wolv