so i think ive narrowed my search to 3 guitars.

epi sg 400
epi explorer
ibanez SA260

i intend to play heavier stuff on rhythm. any opinions would be great.

http://www.thomann.de/gb/ibanez_sa260_fm_tlb.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_explorer_1958_korina_blk.htm
http://www.thomann.de/gb/epiphone_sg400_wc_egitarre.htm

any other suggestions would be cool too...and yeah, i avoi guitars with complex tremolos...strat style - the ultimate. no tremolo - even better

im trying to find a guitar thats best build out of them quality wise, and would need least moding to make it great (from pickups to tuners)
probably the ibanez// those 2 epi's arent particually great
but check em out first
otherwise youll be an internet guitar buying noob who''ll be all pissed off when its shite
honestly, I'd go with an Ibanez, that's what I've got! And it sounds awesome!
E-Married to redneckrebel

Slinov>the cut down ultra cool short version story where the reader/listener gets to make their own assumptins on wat happens next
Slinov>how artistc of u jaci

beatha is ea an ceol
Ive never been a fan of the g-400 or epi explorer. Why not get an Epi Les Paul? very good for the price. I've got one and had it for a good few years, its never let me down.

out of those three, the Ibanez

PSN ID: ArranP
If you were to get an SG, I'd probably go with a Gibson.

Ibanez! <3
E-Married to redneckrebel

Slinov>the cut down ultra cool short version story where the reader/listener gets to make their own assumptins on wat happens next
Slinov>how artistc of u jaci

beatha is ea an ceol
nah, dont like les pauls.

ive tried all the guitars apart from the ibanez. ive tried others though before. i guess its faster han a strat, and isnt for shredding.
I say the SG because it doesn't have a trem (even though you could just tighten it down and take the arm off anyway) and therefore fits your criteria the best.

But the Explorer is crap. They don't even use mahogany in the black ones.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
i'd say the ibanez by appearence, but u do really have to test them out urself for feel and sound quality
but is that particular ibanez half way decent? i mean like playable...

how would you comapre it to a fender strat?
I'd go for the Explorer, not a big fan of SG's. The Explorer I've heard is the best non-Elitist Epi, and Korina isn't a bad wood either. You can change out pickups and stuff later, it's not a bad guitar.

As for that Ibanez, my friend has the higher model (SAS36FM) and it's pretty good. It's got coil tapping which is nice to have and rather versatile. You could look into that too if you want.
IBANEZ WOOOOOOOOOOOOO should think about an RG series though, i've played around 4 looking for guitars, and they are SUPERB guitars
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

Quote by sashki
No. The tremolo. It's not a locking trem, but a lot of cheap Ibanez trems suck. Mine does.

That's why you tighten it down and take the arm off.
Quote by SForbz-Rockstar
You're a bald gopher with wings that lives in the countryside, working on a farm.

Quote by Bubban
Having sex in a pool full of jello? How strangely erotic. No, not just any sex, butts-*gets shot*

God bless the underdog and God bless the antihero.
Quote by I-AM-NOT-GOD
IBANEZ WOOOOOOOOOOOOO should think about an RG series though, i've played around 4 looking for guitars, and they are SUPERB guitars

RG series

for the price i can get a headache to tune rg350 or rg 370. no difference. while strat trem is still bareable, ause its not much of a trem, and fun to ess with, floyd rose....especially a cheap one will make me want to throw it into some place where they offer alot of buttsecks.
Quote by wingedgopher
That's why you tighten it down and take the arm off.

I don't use mine. Once the strings settle, it stays in tune. But it has its occasional bad moments. So I block it.

If you block it, it'll be fine, I guess.
isnt the ibanez trem a strat kind, coz it looks like one to me...and how will it compare to a fender strat?
Quote by zwound
isnt the ibanez trem a strat kind, coz it looks like one to me...and how will it compare to a fender strat?

I think it's a floating trem, so you can bend up and downwards. It's not locking, so restringing it should be easy...
still noone answered this:

how would it compare to a mim fat strat?
Well, the Ibanez is WAY better than a mim fat strat, and of course, can't be compared with the Epis! lol
- Fender American Standard Ash Telecaster w/ DiMarzio Chopper T & Twang King
- Alhambra 5P
- Laney Lionheart L5T-112
- Line 6 POD XT
- Suhr Shiba Drive
- MXR Carbon Copy Analog Delay
- Dunlop Cry Baby
tbh i would go for the explorer cause i am a big fan of them, but its a metter of your opinion, not anyone elses on here
My Gear:
ESP LTD EC-1000 SW
ESP LTD EC 500 STBC
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Dean Razorback Two Tone
Ibanez 7 string
Randall RH150G3 Head and Cab
i like them all. i just want to get the most for my money.

the epis didnt look very solid to me. looked pretty fragile...or something.
i've played all of them and i'd say the ibanez, you can get strat tones, heavier tones, it's going to be good for most genre's anyway, it's a great guitar, the trem is a floating, but without the range of a FR, also i'd put locking tuners on it if you used it much
so what would be better??

Epi SG with a pickup change
or the ibanez
Quote by zwound
so what would be better??

Epi SG with a pickup change
or the ibanez

The Ibanez with a pickup change.
Ive got an epiphone and a g 400 custom but i tried the g 400 and it isnt great id say either get the custom if you have to get a sg type or get the explorer. I havnt seen a picture of the ibanez yet but if you avoid tremolos witch is one of the reasons to get an ibanez (im going to get one with a floyd rose) then there isnt much point. Explorers and G 400's are good for modifing the pickups etc. (i have emg's on my explorer now. Also if you want to do heavy rythm then get the explorer the g 400 is best for just alternative stuff. and the explorer is better quality. So i say get that.