Hey, just got a 4-track tape recorder (smaller digital recorders make me nervous, I'm gonna wait untill I can afford a bigger unit, like 12 track before I start getting digital) and I need some headphones. It's a Tascam Portastudio mkII, and I don't wanna be a victem of impedance mismatching, so I need to know if it's okay to use a 32 ohm set of headphones with this. Here's the specs form the manual of the recorder:

PHONES (1/4" stereo phone jack x1)
Normal Load Impedance: 30 ohms
Maximum Output Level: 60mW + 60 mW

Sorry if this is a noobish question, I've just never worked with bigger headphones such as these, or recorders. And if you're wondering where I got the thing about impedance mismatch, I leanred about it from hearing about guitar amps and mismatching the speaker impedance.
Then there's this band called Slice The Cake...

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.
Probably picked "for teh lulz"

Mod in UG's Official Gain Whores
I don't really know what I'm talking about, but with all my recording and listening devices and all my headphones I have never worried about impedance, and have never had an issue. I think that when it comes to such a small signal being sent, impedance really isn't a big consideration.
Thanks I'll wait for a couple of other opinions, and if they don't come, I'll go ahead and order them.

Bunch of faggots putting random riffs together and calling it "progressive" deathcore.
Stupid name.

untill you start dealing with high end systems headphone impedance isnt allthat important. Just make sure you dont cheap out and buy a pair of $20 crap headphones,
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Heh, I'm getting a pair that's around $45 actually. I don't wanna go above $50. The pair I WAS gonna get is backordered, so I'm gonna wait till they send me that card, cancel the order, and get a different pair.

Stupid name.

also what are you using this 4-track for? just guitar sketched/demos or are you actually going to record like full band stuff, because if youarent just doing guitar and vocals i would suggest powered monitors. because its hard toget a good multi instrument mix down wityh headphones alone.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Sennhieser HD212plus are good, thet are what im getting for monitering n stuff.
Main Gear:

Santiago S3 Spanish Classical
PRS CE22 Mahogany
Mesa/Boogie F-50 combo w/ G12K-100
Teese RMC Wizard Wah
Rothwell Switchblade
Ibanez FL-9
Visual Sound Liquid Chorus V2
EHX SMMwH
I'm just using it for tracking my guitars so I can send it over to my bandmates who live 30 minutes away. I'm gonna give whoever ends up playing guitar alongside me the tape and tabs of the music so he can learn it. And of course, my singer needs something to practice singing over. I just kinda need something to hear what's going on, it doesn't have to sound great, but the harmonies need to be synced up.

We already have a band member who has a multi-track digital recorder, but I can't really use it since, you know, 30 minutes and no license xD We'll be doing "final" full band stuff on that. And I may use this for keyboards, too, cause I have a digital piano that I occasionally write stuff on.

Stupid name.

Last edited by Shinozoku at Jan 11, 2007,