my lower pickups on my carvin 185 AE hollowbody are kinda dying on me. what would be a nice set of pickups to replace mine with. i have humbuckers but i dunno, since the guitar is new and alreasdy haveing problems i dont really like the humbuckers right now. any advice?
what kind of music do you play?
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
yeah, we need your style of music, and if your pickups are mounted into the guitar, then you will have to buy humbuckers, if they are on a scratchplate then you could look for a scratchplate for singles
Archbishop of Zeppelinism...

Quote by Beakwithteeth
Get him into blues. Lyrical depth-not so much. But it is groovy and it is black people's music so if he doesn't enjoy then he is not a true black person.

http://www.carvinmuseum.com/playersgallery/ae185.html

thats ^ it right? Very interesting pickups. That thing may be a pain to re-wire.
Ibanez SR-500
Schecter C1 Blackjack
Ibanez GSR200
Classical acoustic

G&K Backline 600 + Goldline 210GLX cab
Vox AD30VT
Crate G40C XL
Crate BT15
EH Metal Muff
Digitech Grunge
Danelectro Fab Overdrive
M-Audio Ozonic
Tascam M-308
When you say the pickups are dieing, what do you mean? Pickups don't usually just quit working, you may have another wiring problem. Get a tech to check it out before spending money on pickups.

FWIW that guitar would be easy to replace pups on. Semi-hollow so they mount with rings to the body, cake.

Before I could recommend any pickup I need to know what music you play and through what amp.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
I doubt the pickups are dieing...it's more likely to be a dodgy wire or connection. A pair of Duncan Seth Lovers would be nice if you fancy a change though.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com