Anyone knows pickups that sound pretty similar to emgs? I'm lookin for dimarzios or duncans. I want to put them in my ibanez rg370 and i play mostly drop c
Guitars/Basses:
-Ibanez SZ-520QM (D-Sonic/Air Norton)
-Ibanez RG-370
-ESP ltd B-55
Amps/Effects/Rig:
-Engl E530 + 930/60 Poweramp
-POD X3L
Quote by guitarist41
Bareknuckles Miracle Man...or Men if you're getting 2.

ive heard good things from these ... so +1^
Rig:
-Jackson Soloist: SL2HT (On its way to Canada)
-Epiphone Les Paul Gothic w/ SD JB (Process of Modding)
-Art & Lutherie Spruce CW
-Dunlop Crybaby (Process of Modding)

For Sale
-Peavey Valveking 112
pm me for info
Bill Lawrence L500.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.
Quote by Mudder
Bill Lawrence L500.

I think the L500XL.
SPAM
Stock Gibson Pickups from a 2005 V, I think they're a 498T and 500T set FS/FT
Duncan Distortion (regular spaced) FS

Looking for: an acoustic, recording gear, or $
overwound ceramics, there are several types the gibson ceramic pups i have certainly match the output of active EMGs. and IMO they sound better.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
overwound ceramics, there are several types the gibson ceramic pups i have certainly match the output of active EMGs. and IMO they sound better.

You mean like the 496 and 500 or whatever? They don't really come close to sounding like an EMG or even being close to the same output.

The only way to get an EMG sound is to buy an EMG pickup.

I have a BKP miracle man- no, it doesn't sound like an EMG.

I have had duncans and dimarzios- no, they don't sound like EMGs.

EMG pickups sound like EMG pickups. That's it.

Miracle Man, Super Distortion, EVO, Invader, Full Shred, Custom, 500XL, none of them sound the same.

They're the same kind of pickup (high output) they do not however, sound anywhere close to an EMG pickup.

That's like saying a geo metro is the same as *insert sports compacts here* because they're both small and cars. Nope, sorry.
the gibson cermaics do come close to an EMGs output level, the 500T does anyway, the 496R is signifigantly lower, i actually tested that, you are right they dont sound the same.

Last.fm
Quote by Kid_Thorazine
the gibson cermaics do come close to an EMGs output level, the 500T does anyway, the 496R is signifigantly lower, i actually tested that, you are right they dont sound the same.

Hardly, IMO. They're hot but I still have to bump up the gain when I plug in my V opposed to my strat with EMG 81.

Its that way with all my pickups, though
hmm. because my freind has an epi zakk wylde whatever that he fitted with EMG actives, and it was easier for me to keep my amp from distortiong with those than it was with my SG with a 496R/500T set, i have to turn my guitars volume down to 2 or so to get a clean sound (my amp is old and very low gain) with his i could turn the guitar volume louder and play harder before getting distortion. of course that could of had somethign to dowith the way i had my amp EQed.

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 10, 2007,