hey guys like the other dude im doin a gig at my school at a dance and our band is guitarist (me) drumms and base. we just started playin together but we have all been playin our instruments for like 2 years now. we play metal and kinda like alternative kinda stuff and i need to kno wat songs would be good that people could kinda dance to.
IF YOU WANT PEACE PREPARE FOR WAR!!

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
If you want a good slow dance song, play Wonderful Tonight. (not metal, but classic rock-ish)

Bonus points with all the chicks too.
hehe ty man ill check it out

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

A recent study shows that 92% of all teenagers have moved on to rap music. Put this in your profile if you are one of the 8% who stayed with the real music
do they play first. second or third base?
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
wat do u mean do they play first?

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

wat do u mean!?

R.I.P. Dimebag Darrell

Quote by Anthony5555
If you don't know that bass is spelled with 2 s's you aren't ready to play gigs.

I agree, but maybe he is new to the English language?

Anyways, for this I would stay within your style, but play something accessible. That means no Iron Maiden or Metallica. Do something contemporary and fun. The good thing is, younger kids will either love or hate you. They may hate you because they are close-minded about music and don't like anything that isn't played from an iPod but hen again they may love you because they don't see bands that often and it may amaze them. Last year I played a birthday party for a 15 year old who was a friend of my sister. Most of the kids there were 13-16 and we live in a very small town. We were actually the first live band some of these kids had ever seen! So they went wild.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.
My band plays at our school dances, the 2nd is comin up next month i beleive, its alot of fun. (and all the chicks wanna get in your pants cause your in a band)

The first time we played alot of dance-ish songs, not pop, mostly classic rock, some alt, and 2 RHCP songs.

I can remember a few...
Walk this Way-Aerosmith
Communication Breakdown-Led Zeppelin
Are You Gonna Be My Girl-Jet
Back in Black-AC/DC
Dani California-RHCP
Tell Me Baby-RHCP

and we also jammed on some of our own songs (thrash) but the chaperones and all the preppy kids in the front didnt like it.