Hey all - this is my first non oasis recording.

It's the intro to californication by john frusciante at slane castle.

I don't think it's exactly the same as his, but close enough probably - I'll let you decide

As is the case with my recordings - the quality isn't amazing - but I feel it's workable for the time being.

Please give it a listen, see what you think, and please crit me on stuff I can improve on.

The chords at the back were recorded once, and put on loop. I was in a bit of a hurry so it may not sit together as perfectly as it should.

I think there is one or 2 small mistakes that I'm aware of, but I didn't have time to rerecord the whole thing - so here it is:

http://www.justmarried-photography.co.uk/californicationintro.mp3

If you have anything you would like me to crit - please link me, and I shall do so

Thanks kindly

Hemant
sounds good from here, although I do agree that the rythym overpowers the lead a bit too much, also might want to try a less harsh tone for the clean. The lead tone I like, suits the song pretty well, and the playing is good. Good job
The rhytm should probably be turned down like 15 percent... who knows... Still sounds really good, some simple chord structures with a nice lead, cant go wrong.
I especially like it around 35 seconds and 1:25 seconds.
Keep up the good work, and thanks for listening to my tune too.
Work to live, not live to work.
Sounds good. You might consider setting one of your pick-up volumes really low and using that for rhythm, and then switching to another pick-up with the volume cranked for your lead. It could help sort out your volume issues. Playing sounds good though. 4/5

Be sure to check out my stuff: https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502982
#4 member of UG's gain \/\/hores-pm gpderek09 to join
Thank you to all you who critted me - I WILL get back to listening to your stuff, but I'm just going to be busy this weekend, and would like to do justice to the recordings by listening properly.

Thanks again

Hemant
haha oops accidentally critted my own... edited

Hemant

EDIT: Seeing as I've made this post, I thought I'd tell you what amp I used to get that tone.

I used my BC Rich 10W mini practise amp, with the standard distortion. Nothing amazing. Neck pickup with tone set to about 4, volume down to 2 on guitar, full distortion on the amp. Works quite well that combo methinks

The recording quality is SHITE, which I'm trying to sort out with some equipment. We shall see.

Thanks for listening
Last edited by hemantmaan at Jan 16, 2007,
Good job on writing chords for this, even though you need to turn them down. Good job, but the playing was a little bit sloppy. Great song, great DVD.

Crit mine?

https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=492757
Quote by jimiismydaddy
sounds great, now do the rest of the song lol And yeah, rhythm can come down some. I love that slane castle performance. The Scar Tissue solos are amazing as well.

i tabbed the solos out perfectly and they were rejected
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Chords are to loud but the lead tone sounds awesome. A little sloppy at about 3/4 through it. 4/5 Good Job though for the most part.
Xbox 360 Gamertag - TheTacoDoctor
Just send a message saying your from UG.
CoD4 anyone?
Quote by hemantmaan
Did I do any justice to it?

Hemant

i was referring to scar tissue, but yes.
This is a very good cover of the intro coming from someone addicted to slane castle videos. the only real problem is the backing chords. if you turn those down a little it would be 5/5.
Its also pretty cool that you can get that kind of tone from that amp.

Edit: heres the video of it for the person whos never heard it before.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=abrKM1Z_te8

and they have a full version of the whole concert on google video.
Quote by Kneusje
^ He's right!

Quote by Flea of RHCP
I LOVE, I LOVE, I LOVE... KILLER WHALES! AND I LOVE MANGOS! AND IGGY POP TOO! I LOVE IGGY POP! AND EVEN GETTING UP EARLY IN THE MORNING, AND SWIMMING! AND TAKING A GOOOOOD SH*T! AND I LOVE ALL OF YOU TOO!

Last edited by RHCPKicksA$$ at Jan 18, 2007,