I currently listen to B.B. King and Clapton, and kinda like the slow blues they often play. I don't really know that much about who's good at playing that kind of blues. SRV maybe? I don't know ANYTHING

So -

any kind of tips for what I should listen to? Artists? anything?

Sorry for asking a question that has probably been answered like a million times before, but.........I don't really have an excuse for not searching. Sorry
check out Robert Cray, that guy is wicked. I saw him live when he opened for Eric Clapton, and his playing just has so much feeling and and his solos were awesome.
Member #6 of the "Claudio Sanchez is god" Club. PM stepco12345 to join!
Quote by Simon4392

Sorry for asking a question that has probably been answered like a million times before, but.........I don't really have an excuse for not searching. Sorry

This is a good point. I think we need a revamp of the Suggested Listening thread.
Encore God & Asomodai- UG JHS Brotherhood

Encore God: fighting UG Zeppelin-centrism since 2002.
I higlhy recommend listening to Stevie Ray Vaughn..........thats how i really got into the blues.
Quote by punk_mike_88
check out Robert Cray, that guy is wicked. I saw him live when he opened for Eric Clapton, and his playing just has so much feeling and and his solos were awesome.

I got tickets to see him in Winnipeg in March and he's opening for Eric Clapton
yea texas flood is the best! maybe some john lee hooker too, he's just great.
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by latinosuperstud
if i buy a les paul studio and walk out into public a man in a clown and/or gorilla suit named tyrese, will come attack me and/or rape me
Depends, SRV tends to be a bit more kinda "hit 'em hard and knock them on their ass" sorta blues. While someone like Clapton or King are more mellow.

If you do want to get an impression of SRV in his slower moments check out "Lenny".
http://video.google.ca/videoplay?docid=-5509677518879050269&q=stevie+ray+vaughan

If you like clapton and mellowness check out some of John Mayer's bluesy stuff. ("Covered in Rain" live is a good example)

Cheers
-Falcatarius
Let's not forget Albert King, his playing was among the most tasteful
Current Rig>>Jackson Phil Collin Signature Guitar/Ibanez Artcore>>>Modded Dunlop Crybaby>>>TS-9DXModded>>>Rat kit>>Octavia>>CE-20>>DD-7>>>Musicaman HD-120
Albert and Freddie King are both absolutely unbelievable. Look them both up for there worth a listen