I cant work out what guitar is a good guitar for me to get next so i hopes you guys can help. i play a variaty of styles, blues, punk metal and thrash metal. but mostly play stuff in a cross between old lostprophet/new trivium style with a bit of blue thrown in there to give it a bag full of character.
First i'll tell you what i dont like the look of:

les Paul -cos every got one and i just dont like em
strats -so many of them and they look a bit dated
normal V- randy roads ones are good though.
firebird
B.C. rich stuff, fender stuff (cept the tele which i love) and anything with double cut-outs and single cutouts and stuff that look like Les Paul style.
Now what am i left with?? almost nothing i can think of, especialy (sp?) not anything which is good the price nothing really expensive.

i might just be the hardest person to get a guitar for...
Quote by sg255
This fine fellow speaks the truth.

Quote by GD_GC
dude sonic music??? you're my hero!

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
well perhaps if you posted a price band you may get better results from us here residents?
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
Have you looked at Explorers? Could be pretty good for your styles. And SGs?

You shouldn't really care too much about looks, you should care more about the sound.
"Breathe, breathe in the air
Don't be afraid to care"

Fender Strat/Tokai LS80>few pedals>Orange Rocker 30
0-500$
£0-400
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
Ibanez.
Esp.
Jackson.
Gear
Epiphone Les Paul 100
Ibanez Jump Start
Fender Acoustic
Ibanez Tone Blaster 100 Head
Hartke 412 Cab
Boss Chromatic Tuner Pedal
Boss Noise Suppressor
Ibanez Weaping Demon
Quote by R_H_C_P
Have you looked at Explorers? Could be pretty good for your styles. And SGs?

You shouldn't really care too much about looks, you should care more about the sound.

i know that but the looks is what make you wanna play it a three morning while staring at your new guitar in bed...

and i like explorers and sg's but the Edge puts me off and SG's can be a bit um cliche.
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
aha. hmm, even though you don't like the les paul, its a great sounding guitar. but, like RHCP said, go with and sg or explorer. he knows what he's talkin' 'bout. both great guitars.
Gear:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Epiphone EDS-1275
Epiphone Les Paul
Schecter C-1+
Peavey Delta Blues
ya, looks doesnt matter that much, i mean it shapes the sound also, but not so much as the wood and etc. but ya, explorers have a really nice sound, ugh Randy rhoads guitars too. they are pretty sick. if you like metal those are really good, my friend has one and it sounds sick. other thatn that, oh the sg, but i guess its kinda related to the lp...well, there is always the van halen guitar? peavey wolfgang...? i dunno, they sound really good, and have great upper fret access. i dunno, but dont be such a biznatch about the looks, worry about the sound. an ugly sound makes a hot guitar ugly
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
Well you said you like the RR V design so why not go for a Jackson RR3 or RR5
Member No.3 of The 'I Watched Dragonball Z and Vegetas Scouter said my power level is over 9000 Club'
PM redh0tchilip3pp or rizo299 to Join

Co-Founder of the 'Magikarp was blatantly the best Pokemon' Club
PM me to join
k thanks i'll probably go for an explorer or a jackson RR3 or RR5 and i dont like the schector c-1.
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
only problem with going with the rr1/rr5 is that theyr both like $1000 USD. the rr3 is more affordable though. alot of other pppl use explorers other than the edge, and anyway, the explorer looks sick! oh the ibanez destroyer or iceman but you gotta find one that sounds good.

now the peavey wolfgang is something. it doesnt really look like any of them, but at the same time it looks like alot of them. they are sick sounding. my best friend has one, his brother has one, and i sold his other brother a copy, but it still sounded good. anyway, they are good buys too. you can get a used one for around like $500, probly a little more though
[B]Member of the Orange Revolution Club. Buy an Orange to join.
Member #16 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join.
are jackson Kellys good? cos they look cool.
Quote by sg255

Quote by GD_GC

Quote by tanglewoodguit
Love you

Quote by Jackolas
I think you shouldn't worry about so much about having a "too popular" guitar, I understand your feelings, but I think that if you take each guitar as an individual (yes) you'll find that there is much more to the identity of a guitar than being say a les paul rather than a less common guitar. I hope you see what I mean, two guitars of the same "type" can be very different.
Who else uses the guitar shouldn't be of too much importance.

According to what you say you like and don't I'd suggest looking at Ibanez and maybe PRS although they may be too expensive in general.
Quote by Pharoah
Can God create a hot dog so hot even he couldn't eat it?

Lyke omg D@ @p0OcpLpSYe.
If you don't know what guitar you want then it's not time to buy one...you don't choose guitars, they choose you

I cant work out what guitar is a good guitar for me to get next so i hopes you guys can help. i play a variaty of styles, blues, punk metal and thrash metal. but mostly play stuff in a cross between old lostprophet/new trivium style with a bit of blue thrown in there to give it a bag full of character.

What? As in "All Rise"? Different...

Get an Iceman, I say
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Last edited by steven seagull at Jan 10, 2007,
Quote by Toms' anominous
are jackson Kellys good? cos they look cool.

There's your problem. You're not looking past the appearance of the guitar. I know what you're saying when you don't want to look like a clone, but people care more about how you sound, not how your guitar looks.
There's your problem. You're not looking past the appearance of the guitar. I know what you're saying when you don't want to look like a clone, but people care more about how you sound, not how your guitar looks.

I'm happy to admit I've chosen every guitar I ever bought on looks. I've always checked up on the specs and quality, got a good price and played them where possible - if they're crap I don't go through with it. But it's the looks that make me decide I want it, nothing else.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com