Which lower priced bass amps have the best quality for the money? I'm really confused as to what amp to buy, and I won't be getting to a guitar store for maybe about 3-4 weeks, so I wanna go ahead and start looking around before I actually go in, and get educated on it.

I play jazz, funk rock (like old RHCP), punk, classic rock, sometimes metal.

So please keep that in mind.

Thank you.
behinger makes good stuff i'd go with the most expensive one you can afford they are reliable and the sound is ogod expecially the models that just came out at the end of last year for $200 you seriously cant get anything better (not anything new you might find an Ebay steal or something tho)
ESP B-405,Fender American Jazz Bass(EMG J active pups and LEO QUAN BADASS II ) squire P bass(EMG P active Pups)),
SansAmp Bass driver DI
Ampeg SvP PRO Tube Preamp
QSC2450 Power amp
Furman PL8
FINALLY-Ampeg SVT 810E
Quote by X Alkaline 3
I've been hearing a lot of bad shit about Behringer though ...

The Behringer thread in this forum has gotten no positive reviews for their products.

I'm assuming you're looking for a gigging-quality amp, and I can't think of anything in your range that's not a Behringer. If you want a combo amp, the best I can think of is an Ashdown Electric Blue- $300 for a 12-inch, $350 for a 15-inch. Both are 180 watts.
im thinkin of gettin the ashdown blue 12"
GEAR
Guitar
Ibanez RG42DX
Peavey Valveking100
Avatar 4x12 cabinet w/ Celestion Vintage 30's
Line 6 Spider 3
DOD Flanger
Ernie Ball Strings
Bass
Dean Edge 4
Peavey TNT 135