i recently bought a used ENGL cabinet that has an X pattern of Celestion V30s and Celestion G12H30s. im definately digging the cab, but my one gripe would be that it seems there is too much booming bass coming from it (even when i turn the bass to zero on my ENGL SE). My Mesa Oversize cab with just V30s (that im currently trying to sell) does not give me the overwhelming bass problem, so i figure it is not the fault of the V30s in the ENGL cab. im thinking maybe i ought to switch out my G12H30s for something else, but i dont want more V30s because too much midrange could be harsh. im thinking of either getting a pair of G12T75s or a pair of those new ones that are supposed to be the better version of the G12T75s. my main question would be whether switching the G12H30s to G12T75s (or those new ones) would either tighten up the bass or at least reduce it a bit? also would making this switch make the cabinet more suited for metal along the lines of Hammerfall? would i need 8 OHMs or 16 OHMs speakers? i think 16?
do you have all the bass boosts switched off?

I'm not a fan of gt1275's, to be honest...

I'm not too well up on speakers, unfortunately.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
^ my guess is that if you think the v30's might be too harsh, you may want to look into eminence governors or weber's version of the v30. I haven't tried these, though, it's just from what I hear.

But it looks like it's going to be the only answer you're getting.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?