i live in a village called Wellington. southwest of England.

i was playing the wikipedia game, and i was on my villages page. and i found out that the Wellington Boot was invented here!

to be honest i should of seen it from the name 'Wellington' Boot.

but still. not bad is it.

Wellington gave its name to the first Duke of Wellington, Arthur Wellesley, and boasts a large obelix to his honour, spotlit, on top of the closest hill to the town, the Wellington Monument. This is now separated from the town by the major motorway in the South-West, the M5. Because of this, Wellington, Somerset can have a legitimate claim to have contributed to the more widespread use of the term in other place names and, of course, the Wellington Boot.

is your town famous for anything?
Quote by Samnung
im gunna rape u

Quote by GuitarManiac09
Stay away you freak....I dont want you spreading your hideous crab population..

METALLICA AT WEMBLEY 08/07/07
A race horse, and it's owner...
UG RPG - Big Band Jazz Group
Buckethead4Prez - String Bass

PM me to Join
Malvern water.

This threads been done before I'm afraid...
Quote by fukyu1980
LOL ! muther fuker i was gonna say that LOL!
Quote by $Guitarist$
Im really not sure what a wellington boot is.

You haven't lived. They're the best contraceptive devices in the world.

Last edited by Your Mother : Today at 03:44 PM
You wouldn't believe how excited I got when I saw the word 'Wellington' in this, I live in Wellington, but it's in the Mid west. I thought I had a friend nearby me
The will to neither strive nor cry,
The power to feel with others give.
Calm, calm me more; nor let me die
Before I have begun to live.

-Matthew Arnold

Arguments are to be avoided; they are always vulgar and often convincing.
Quote by SG thrasher
OATCAKES!

Robbie Williams, Slash(lived here) and Lemmy Killiminster, but who cares about them?

OATCAKES FTW!

Slash > anyone > dirt > you
Hertfordshire? I think David Beckham lives here. Yup nothing interesting.
Quote by SG thrasher
Slash can suck my asshair.

When your over 12 years of age sure. Until then we'll have to wait
I live in Athens. 4000 years of history, known for the parthenon and for the invention of Olympic games, Medical Science, Mathematics, Algebra, Physics, mythology etc etc.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Quote by Necrolust
I live in Athens. 4000 years of history, known for the parthenon and for the invention of Olympic games, Medical Science, Mathematics, Algebra, Physics, mythology etc etc.

Who cares?

I live in Gothenburg we invented the thing called "Rain a whole lifetime"
the manic street preachers are from my town (blackwood south wales) and they went to my comprehensive school and one of them used to live a street behind me and the bassist nicky wire lives about 15 minutes walk from my college o yeah and i have a bass that was owned by him
Quote by bassmanjoe08
Dan

Don't stop being you <3

Quote by fatgoogle
I think after this relentless adding for the last 10 mins, that Dan is the coolest looking. Goddamn welsh people and my great etc etc etc etc etc granddad is welsh.
My town is infamous as the heroin capital of England. Pete Doherty mentions the name in a song. Richard and Judy described it as "a town full of shacks"
Quote by Izz
Who cares?

Me.
When greeks were making somehting of themselves you were hanging from trees. So shut up.
I put a dollar in a change machine. Nothing changed.
Hottest recorded summer in the UK, or something like that.

During the hot summer of 1983, Liphook hit the headlines as the hottest spot in the United Kingdom
no, but Justin, where Justin Boots where designed is just down the road.
apparently UG's only type O-

Quote by Strike9

Thanks jb_designs.
Quote by Necrolust
Me.
When greeks were making somehting of themselves you were hanging from trees. So shut up.

You don't know what sarcasm is right??

www.wikipedia.org
Look it up. It's quite fascinating once you've learned to spot it and use it for your own good.
Geoge Washington once slept at an inn in my town, so we treat it as a holy monument...

My town ****ing sucks.
Dickless.
Quote by dumps
i live in a village called Wellington. southwest of England.

i was playing the wikipedia game, and i was on my villages page. and i found out that the Wellington Boot was invented here!

to be honest i should of seen it from the name 'Wellington' Boot.

but still. not bad is it.

is your town famous for anything?

I've never been to Wellington and i knew that the good ol' wellie was invented there...