Hi I have a Line 6 Tone Port and the software they give you to record with isn't really cutting it for me. I was wondering what's some good, preferably free software that you use to record onto your computer with. Thanks.
sigs suck
i use garage band, came with my mac. no idea what it costs but it works damn well
garageband is free for mac users, I highly recommend it.

I've stepped up to logic but it's likely if you're using a toneport you won't be making that jump any time soon.
audacity is decent, and its free - it works fine for me, good for editing and such, but i'm not a big fan of the effects...your tone port should cover that though
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Most of the people I talk to are Pro Tools, Digital Performer, or Logic Users. Each have it's ups and downs. Garageband is mac only and I think it's like $50 if you dont get the free version when you buy a new mac. All new macs come with it though. You're going to want a Mac at some point (*waits for hate mail) but I have an attitude where I won't go to a studio that isn't running Macs somewhere.
I was once heavily prominent on these forums from 2004-2007, let's see how long I can stay now that I'm back.