Ok well I still have the original strings that I got with the guitar when I bought it, and they are gettin a bit worn down. What would you suggest using now? I play a lot lf Led Zeppelin, Metallica, Iron Maiden and Slayer+Pantera. Also, I don't have a whammy bar.

Thanks in advance.
depends on what tuning your going to put your guitar in. the lower the tuning the heavyer the strings you want.
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
i prefer ernie ball, but thats just me
Quote by Tomaz24
- one of us decided it would be a good idea to do a gig at our... sigh... disco. .....My drummer mate also took the liberty of turning off the bassists amp completely, because he was ****e. Never knew
Ernie Ball and D'Addario XL's are what I've played. No complaints. Know what gauge you want?
Generally, going with 0.10 - 0.46 is the standard. I've been playing a bit lighter but want to move back to heavier strings. Heavier gauges are generally better for detuning, as they hold tune a bit better when thicker. But, whatever your preference, I'll let you decide.
Oh no he just divided by zero again...*gets sucked into vortex*

Originally Posted by Sirwinston89
whoa man this is turning into the Dream Theater appreciation thread!!! If only every thread kicked this much ass!

You're welcome
I agree with the D'Addario XL's
I find they last longer than the ernie ball strings
wow devilscruffs 14...all stings are metal, lmao, though you probly meant steel strings..yea i would go with ernie balls since i prefer them..but your would probly need a thicker gauge for your kinda music..i know the 10's super slinky ernie balls i just got are made of nickel so im not sure if they come in a heavier metal...but ernie balls all the way man.
Guitars:
2009 Fender 72 Deluxe Telecaster
Yamaha F-130 Acoustic
Amps:
Blackstar HT5
Effects:
MXR Micro Chorus
R3FX Dual Resistafier
Just go to the store and buy a cheap pack of 9's or 10's (I like 9's better because they're easier to play and sound the same as 10's). And if the brand you get works well, get the same kind next time, if not try a different brand. Just experiment untill you find what you like.

I use Fender Original 9's they work just fine for me.
"Good and evil lay side by side as electric love penetrates the sky"
d'addario light top heavy bottoms 10-52

or

ernie ball skinny top heavy bottoms 10-52

great strings
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
I've used GHS Boomers forever, but now I tried out a pack of Elixers, they're pretty nice, and are supposed to last 2-3x as long.
I used to use Ernie Ball slinkies in the same rage Pagey does. Now I use GHS Boomers, .10-.38 I like the hevier unwound strings for the extra sustain and tune-holding.
i like my fender super bullets.
I gave rock n' roll to you

Anti-thayer
Quote by pnoy_sk8er21
Dadario light top, heavy bottom- 9-46

yeah, 9s are better for zeppelin than 10's
Jimmy Page said in an interview once that if u want to be a better guitarist u should start by using lighter strings, i play lights-med lights and its true, easier on the fingers and easier to bend, heavy lower strings isn't bad, u could alwasy get ernire ball highbrids, heavy low - light high
Quote by Josh2k69
wow devilscruffs 14...all stings are metal, lmao, though you probly meant steel strings

no I was being an asshole. and actually not all strings are metal, classical guitars use nylon strings.
Get a set of the following (one of each)

GHS Boomers
Ernie Ball
D'addarios

all 10s.
Then decide which ones are best.
Quote by -BlackZeppelin-
Psh. I can can play fleshlight acoustically.

*masturbates*
Quote by deluxity
yeah, 9s are better for zeppelin than 10's

wtf? there's like no difference except 9's sound thin. for me 10's sound better for zeppelin, cause they are comfortable to play. unless you get really high or really low guages theres not THAT much difference
D'Addario 10's. I use them and they've never snapped on me or anything.
Mitch Hedberg Group
http://groups.ultimate-guitar.com/koalabears/

Quote by Irnmaiden4life
why didnt you just play like crap?
if you need help with that, ask Vincent745

Quote by imgooley
Awe, so cute...

How old are you?

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R

Old enough to yell rape.
GHS & EB's
9's and 10's
Always

D'addario strings just destroy my finger tips for some reason, they are much harder feeling then anything i've ever played.