Hi all.. didn't know exactly where to put this post. But, I figured.. I'd be incorporating this into my guitar playing in one way or another.

So, I was debating on getting a sampler for my band. I've been listening to a lot of electronica lately (Bjork, Radiohead's Kid A album, Thom Yorke's solo album, etc.) and I became intrigued with the thought of owning a sampler and creating some cool beats to accompany the band. (Typical guitar, bass, drum setup.)

Any suggestions/ideas/input?

Also, anybody who has experience with a sampler, could you tell me what I would need to purchase? Give me some tips!? Thanks!
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Washburn WR150 Quilted Top

Oscar Schmidt Semi-hollow Delta King

Epiphone Hummingbird

Amps: Fender Eighty-Five
FL Studio is a good relatively inexpensive way to get into that sort of thing, and since it has VSTi and third party sample support its infinitely upgradeable. If you want a hardware sampler give me a budget, preferably in USD.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
What's FL Studio?

And my budget is anywhere from 250 (the preferable amount) to 500 (the amount I really don't want to spend) for a physical sampler.

Also, I'd rather the "hardware sampler", and would I need an amp for it?
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Epiphone Hummingbird

Last edited by washburndean at Jan 10, 2007,
you can useit with headphones, powered monitors or a PA as well as an amp. Id reccomend a Korg Electribe as a good one to start out on. http://www.musiciansfriend.com/home/navigation?q=korg+electribe
youd want the ESX or EMX model.

oh and http://www.flstudio.com/

Last.fm
Last edited by Kid_Thorazine at Jan 10, 2007,
Thanks a lot!
My gear:

MIJ Squier Stratocaster

Epiphone Hummingbird

track down an Ensoniq EPS, EPS16+ or ASR10. those are great easy to use samplers with really good sequencers. or if you want to go the whole 9yards, find a used Kurzweil K2000 with the sampler option then you'll have a great synth, sequencer and sampler all in one. all of those samplers have become pretty cheap these days.
yeah the Kirzweil is really nice, but they arent too eazy to find anymore for whatever reason.

Last.fm