I know what adjusting it does, and I know how to do it. I'm just a little hesitant to experiment with it, because I have a habbit of screwing things up when I try and adjust my guitar. My question is, is it possible for me to accidentally raise/lower one side of the pickup more than the other? If so, how will this affect the sound?
Quote by cubedeathk

No my friends Dinosaurs walked this earth with Man.

Proportion of how loud the bass is to treble, and it might make an A chord played on the first different sounding than on the second string.
Caution:
May cause death if user is an idiot.
Adjusting the pickup height depends immensely on your hearing skill and your tone preference.

Just dont set it too high or too low.
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
if u want to get the strings as close as possible to the pickup without touching the pickup just press down on the very highest fret and adjust the pickup so it doesnt touch but just barely there, do that with the high and low E strings and they will be at the exact same level
Quote by -=Led_Hed=-
if u want to get the strings as close as possible to the pickup without touching the pickup just press down on the very highest fret and adjust the pickup so it doesnt touch but just barely there, do that with the high and low E strings and they will be at the exact same level

Huh?Care to explain how you do it more?I tried it,but I still hit my pups...
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
Quote by Broken-pick
Huh?Care to explain how you do it more?I tried it,but I still hit my pups...

Fret the last fret of the low/top E string and adjust the pickup height so that the bass/treble side isnt hitting the strings (or too close to it).
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
and like said, it's all preference. if u want more bass, raise the bass side higher.
if u want more treble, raise the treble side higher.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011