Page 1 of 4
I'm getting sick of political punks and people that forcefeed their ideas to you. My photography teacher who is a self proclaimed rebel and claims to like any punk band shirt anyone is wearing seems to be the last straw for me. She always preaches about being different and having a punk attitude yet if you disagree with her she refuses to listen to you or just dismisses your question without even answering. It pisses me off extremely.She sometimes reccommends for you to do something in particular with your picture and if you don't do it she gives you a bad grade and claims something else is wrong with the picture. ex. "you picture is too colorful." Why would you get marked off 5 points out of ten for that?

She pretends to be a super liberal even though she claims to not favor any political party.She talks about banski alot and always talks about how she was all punker back in the day. She even purposely adopted a kid of a different nationality to show how "different" she is. You don't abuse adoption just so you can prove how individualistic you are. She basically just forces all her shit on you whether you like it or not and like I said before. If you try to give your input she immediately dismisses it. Major hippocrite as well, because she'll ask for class opinion but when ever she gets any she doesn't like it.She thinks she is the social shit as well. Always having a party and telling you what you should do for the weekend and if you haven't done that she will act uninterested when you tell her what you've done.

On the other hand you have some conservative punks who will just make comments with no knowledge whatsoever or at least that has been my experience. One time my friend who is vegetarian went to this restaurant with another guy (conservative "punk"). We sit down to eat and durring the meal the guy keeps telling my friend how good the meat is. Needless that's the last time we went anywhere with him.

Anyone out there who has truly made their own opinions about how the world works instead of substituting in some lameshit Justin Insane,or George Bush ideals?

So sorry for the bitching but it would be helpful if some people talked about punk politics on this thread.
What's up?
Sounds like a teacher, just be rebel like Rosa Parks. Sit in her chair and refuse to give up.
It's not the fact that she's a teacher it the fact that trys to fool you into thinking she is open minded and wants to hear your opinion. This is what she says but what she does is complete opposite. Like I said before she keeps saying important it is to be different but if you don't take a picture the way she told you to you get marked off heaps for not taking her advice. And I'm not just pissed cause she gave me an 8/10. It's the fact that she'll say. You know what you should do. And this would be really cool! You should take a picture of a water fountain!" Then I take a picture of the ocean and she'll mark me down alot.

But anyway enough about my teacher. Has Justin Sane been just become ridiculously power hungry for making money and then not using it for his self proclaimed cause?.
What's up?
i had a religion teacher once who kept trying to force everyone to hate howard and be communists. i always got shitty grades because whenever she had an argument i had a better one.
she bragged about protesting against the vietnam war, and said that it was for freedom. i told her that a lot of anti-vietnam protests had been organised by the kgb, who maintained the soviet government's control of the people. + they blamed it on the soldiers, and did things like boycotting suplies to vietnam.

she said that catholicism is the 'only way' and that if we didn't accept god we would go to hell. so i said about how the priests used to get people to pay them for less time in purgatory (or whatever it is) and how a lot of the AIDS deaths (particularly in africa) where pretty much caused by the people being devout catholics, and the pope saying that you can't have sex with a condom.

but she didn't claim to be a punk, she claimed to be a hippy.

by the way (no offence hp) a lot of the time when you hear people say that they're 'punkers' instead of 'punks' does it pretty much automatically show that they listen to good charlotte and all those sorts of shitty bands?
we get a lot of ads for bands, and pretty much all the ones who play simple plan type music call themselves punkers, while people in punk or hardcore bands just say they're punks.
it's weird
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
^ well she always points out when I'm wearing my T.S.O.L. shirts and it bothers me. She probably listens to those bands as well but she is just always commenting about hearing about the bands in her day. I wish she would just f*ck off. She always brags about having parties and that she was a rebel because she wouldn't let people at her new years party watch the ball drop because TV is bad. Wtf?
What's up?
Yeah w/e forget about the teacher just talk about Earth liberation and animal rights if you want. The teacher was kinda just an example not the focus of the thread. Unless you'd like to comment about my teacher?

lol happy planetary?
What's up?
Last edited by HPLoveCraft at Jan 10, 2007,
Edit that to
Earth lib
animal rights
its a global massacre
Last edited by planetary ruins at Jan 10, 2007,
Turn the whales into candle oil and make boots out of elephants!

Anyone that tries to forcefeed ideas someone ideas is a prick. Especially Requiem... that's why I gave them a hot dog. Assholes.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe she was trying to help you with photography though?

It's also important that punk rock doesn't become apolitical. Punk rock and politics are inseperable. Every punk band is political, wether they sing about it or not. By just being different and not wanting to be a part of the mainstream you're making a political statement.
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
Actually thats un original.Most people think that way.Fu*k humans is original.Few deserve to live........... beat that.
its a global massacre
Quote by whyvern
Turn the whales into candle oil and make boots out of elephants!

Anyone that tries to forcefeed ideas someone ideas is a prick. Especially Requiem... that's why I gave them a hot dog. Assholes.

Did it ever occur to you that maybe she was trying to help you with photography though?

Yes I'm quite aware she was trying to help but she shouldn't be marking people down because they didn't take her advice down to the syllable. Because we don't have topics to shoot. You just shoot what you want.

Could you explain to me how being different is a political statement because I'm not sure I understand. (not in a negative way)
What's up?
Quote by planetary ruins
Actually thats un original.Most people think that way.Fu*k humans is original.Few deserve to live........... beat that.

The only person in the world that deserves to live is this guy:

and maybe this guy:

but that's only cos he did this:

He's peeing in his own mouth.
OH thats obvious, i didnt see the stream to the mouth.Just liquid from his mouth.I thought he was throwing up while he jacked off , not quite as classy.
its a global massacre
I've heard good things about the Black Lips live. They're coming to Atlanta and playing with the Reigning Sound, but the club isn't all ages. That would be an incredible show.
Quote by opivy21
I've heard good things about the Black Lips live. They're coming to Atlanta and playing with the Reigning Sound, but the club isn't all ages. That would be an incredible show.

Sneak in. I was gonna go with the bassist in my band but my friend is in the hospital and I'm helping do a special prayer for him in Temple so I can't go. But the Black Lips and Reigning Sound are worth seeing live. You should come up to Huntsville on saturday. Japanther is playing with the Pine Hill Haints and the Counterclockwise.
just turn 18 you darn kids.

I'm 18 when I go to bars and my name is Brock Kelly and I'm from Blairmore Alberta.
I'm 18 right now. I've been able to go to bars for a year. All of them here don't care. I don't drink any ways so it's not like I go looking for trouble. I'm there for the music and they now that. Plus most of the bar owners know me because I do alot of sound and work alot within the local scene so they don't care.
You have a dumb teacher.

Politics is a big thing to some punks. Its just what they're into. Stop crying about the Anti-Bush punks. Plenty punks had a hard on for politics in the Reagan administration.

Why are you fighting other punks? ... stop it.
i had a problem with my religion teacher. he was a prick who thought he was better than everybody else. and he would say if u did one little thing wrong then it was over for you. i took matters into my own hands. so...i threw a wheel chair through a door and then proceeded to toss gram crackers into the chandaleer lights. it worked...except i got kicked out. yeah, so i guess it worked. i didnt have to listen to him. after i think about it, it was worth it
i like how whenever some one says they hate political msuic the bring up justin sane, he's not the only person who sings political shit
Quote by whyvern
Sneak in. I was gonna go with the bassist in my band but my friend is in the hospital and I'm helping do a special prayer for him in Temple so I can't go. But the Black Lips and Reigning Sound are worth seeing live. You should come up to Huntsville on saturday. Japanther is playing with the Pine Hill Haints and the Counterclockwise.

I live in upstate SC so Atlanta is 3 hours away. I'm sure it would be great, but it's not really worth the drive if I'm not positive that I can get in. I'm afraid Huntsville is a little far as well.
Quote by whyvern
He's peeing in his own mouth.

why is it red? is it bloody?!?
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
I'm actually not big into the Political side of punk. (Note this does NOT mean I'm not into Politics. MY AP Government course is one of the two classes I take that I actually look forward too. (The other being AP English.))

I like songs that tell stories, and contain lots of great literary elements and techniques, and usually straight political songs don't have either of those things. Early Punk rock was rife with great lyrics, and great songs; Legs McNeil described it as "listening to good literature," and really, that's why I love it. Patti Smith, Lou Reed, David Johansen, Dee Dee Ramone, and Richard Hell are only a few of the excellent songwriters that occupied the scene in the begining and Richard Hell was a flat out Nhilist and Solipsist.
Quote by VodkaPunk
You have a dumb teacher.

Politics is a big thing to some punks. Its just what they're into. Stop crying about the Anti-Bush punks. Plenty punks had a hard on for politics in the Reagan administration.

wtf are you talking about?
What's up?
^^apparently most of those people where influenced by arthur rimbaud

so was joe strummer and penny rimbaud (the 'penny' bit apparently comes from cockney accent saying half a penny like arfer penny, so arfer rimbaud = penny rimbaud...in case you didn't get it the first time)
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by Iluvpowerchords
I'm actually not big into the Political side of punk. (Note this does NOT mean I'm not into Politics. MY AP Government course is one of the two classes I take that I actually look forward too. (The other being AP English.))

I like songs that tell stories, and contain lots of great literary elements and techniques, and usually straight political songs don't have either of those things. Early Punk rock was rife with great lyrics, and great songs; Legs McNeil described it as "listening to good literature," and really, that's why I love it. Patti Smith, Lou Reed, David Johansen, Dee Dee Ramone, and Richard Hell are only a few of the excellent songwriters that occupied the scene in the begining and Richard Hell was a flat out Nhilist and Solipsist.

How the hell could you like AP English? I'm taking that now and it's terrible, although that could be because my teacher's an alcoholic that doesn't know the first thing about teaching.
Quote by HPLoveCraft
I'm getting sick of political punks and people that forcefeed their ideas to you. My photography teacher who is a self proclaimed rebel and claims to like any punk band shirt anyone is wearing seems to be the last straw for me. She always preaches about being different and having a punk attitude yet if you disagree with her she refuses to listen to you or just dismisses your question without even answering. It pisses me off extremely.She sometimes reccommends for you to do something in particular with your picture and if you don't do it she gives you a bad grade and claims something else is wrong with the picture. ex. "you picture is too colorful." Why would you get marked off 5 points out of ten for that?

She pretends to be a super liberal even though she claims to not favor any political party.She talks about banski alot and always talks about how she was all punker back in the day. She even purposely adopted a kid of a different nationality to show how "different" she is. You don't abuse adoption just so you can prove how individualistic you are. She basically just forces all her shit on you whether you like it or not and like I said before. If you try to give your input she immediately dismisses it. Major hippocrite as well, because she'll ask for class opinion but when ever she gets any she doesn't like it.She thinks she is the social shit as well. Always having a party and telling you what you should do for the weekend and if you haven't done that she will act uninterested when you tell her what you've done.

On the other hand you have some conservative punks who will just make comments with no knowledge whatsoever or at least that has been my experience. One time my friend who is vegetarian went to this restaurant with another guy (conservative "punk"). We sit down to eat and durring the meal the guy keeps telling my friend how good the meat is. Needless that's the last time we went anywhere with him.

Anyone out there who has truly made their own opinions about how the world works instead of substituting in some lameshit Justin Insane,or George Bush ideals?

So sorry for the bitching but it would be helpful if some people talked about punk politics on this thread.

Nice shot at JUSTIN SANE. Why keep bitching about this, everyone has an opinion and everyone likes to express it and maybe even get someone to agree with it. Your teacher sounds overtly ignorant, not political. Justin Sane is probably more intelligent than you and your whole family and knows what the **** it is that he's talking about. Just because he expresses his opinion using punk music and provides the audience "with in your face" lyrics, doesn't mean doesn't mean he's a "lameshit", a hell of a lot of people agree with what he has to say. The only problem I have with punk, is the amount of people that bitch about the genre and the people involved in it. I.E you. But hey I don't need to make a lame thread stating that. In more kind words: let people have their own opinion, they have a right to believe what they believe(although their reasons may be weak)and they also have the right to express it(free speech). So just try and ask these people why they believe what they do, they might surprise you with some very good reasoning. Life goes on...
Quote by VodkaPunk
You have a dumb teacher.

Agreed.
Horseness is the whatness of allhorse.
We are all Neil Lennon
UG GT5 group
Quote by HPLoveCraft
She sometimes reccommends for you to do something in particular with your picture and if you don't do it she gives you a bad grade and claims something else is wrong with the picture. ex. "you picture is too colorful." Why would you get marked off 5 points out of ten for that?

Evrer thought that your photo's may just suck and she was trying to help you improve and that by not at least trying it that it stays very sucky?

I have no idea wether your a good photographer but your teacher doesn't sound too bad.
GET ME AN AMBULANCE!

Make that a hearse.
i totally understand what the threadstarter is saying. i have a friend who has the same exact ideals as me, except abortion, but he isn't educated on it at all, does it to look different, cool and like a non conformist, and over does it to a point of annoyance, and anyone that isn't in his thought path is wrong and a ****ing moron. I totally understand
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
I kind of missed how that had anything to do with political punk...To me it seemed more like a rambling about how much you hate your teacher, other than your little Justin Insane insult. Personally, I enjoy political punk.
Quote by Adam_Harrison9
Nice shot at JUSTIN SANE. Why keep bitching about this, everyone has an opinion and everyone likes to express it and maybe even get someone to agree with it. Your teacher sounds overtly ignorant, not political. Justin Sane is probably more intelligent than you and your whole family and knows what the **** it is that he's talking about. Just because he expresses his opinion using punk music and provides the audience "with in your face" lyrics, doesn't mean doesn't mean he's a "lameshit", a hell of a lot of people agree with what he has to say. The only problem I have with punk, is the amount of people that bitch about the genre and the people involved in it. I.E you. But hey I don't need to make a lame thread stating that. In more kind words: let people have their own opinion, they have a right to believe what they believe(although their reasons may be weak)and they also have the right to express it(free speech). So just try and ask these people why they believe what they do, they might surprise you with some very good reasoning. Life goes on...

i may be mistaking, but aren't you contradicting yourself? you said that everyone has an opinion, but then you went on a rant about how HP's opinion was wrong? unless i misread your post, you're being quite hypocritical.
And clenching your fist for the ones like us
Who are oppressed by the figures of beauty,
You fixed yourself, you said, "Well, never mind,
We are ugly, but we have the music."
Wow the people that tried to call me ignorant because I used Justin Sane as an example are pathetic. I wasn't picking on him in particular he was just the first person to come to mind. Get over it.
What's up?
Last edited by HPLoveCraft at Jan 11, 2007,
Quote by HPLoveCraft
Wow the people that tried to call me ignorant because I used Justin Sane as example are pathetic. I wasn't just picking on him he was just the first person to come to mind. Get over it.

is justin sane a forum user??
its a global massacre
Page 1 of 4