I just installed a SPST Momentary Pushbutton killswitch on my guitar(like Buckethead's) and I've been playing it for about 2 days and just recently when I palm mute the 3rd through 5th fret on the low E string I get a buzzing feedback from my amp, plus I can start to notice a very small amount of crackling too. Is it possible that the killswitch is hurting my amp? By the way its a brand new Spider III Line 6 75 watt amp.
I don't think it could hurt your amp, unless your version of the killswitch is taking out the input jack and messing with that, which could possibly blow your speakers if the amp is cranked.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
hmm well I just noticed that when I put the amp on clean and press the button I can hear a slight pop, what should I modify to fix it?
so basically my amp is a pussy and cant handle it? That sucks....so I guess my amp is doomed to destruction because Jordan is too fun to play
Check back your electronic connection

My killswitch works perfectly well, no popping sound whatsoever, it just cancels the sound
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic
so just to make sure I'm doing this correctly, I have 2 wires on my switch, one going to the middle terminal on the master volume control and one going to the grounding spot on the output jack. This is the correct way to do the killswitch right?
That is one way to do it, but there is a much better way to do it.

Search the threads in the gear building and customizing forum.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
ya thats the diagram I used, but mines an SPST so it only has two solder places, so i left out the one wire that goes to the hot output
where can you get a killswitch?
member 21 of the ug pink floyd fan club
I PWNED VINCENT745 TWICE!!!
SPIDER WATCH
JS30RR
Agile AL3100 Silverburst (w/Entwhistle Dark Stars)
Quote by Mr. Fuzzles
ya thats the diagram I used, but mines an SPST so it only has two solder places, so i left out the one wire that goes to the hot output

I think you're supposed to leave out the ground instead of your hot output so you'd only have a +ve and -ve connection (since you only have 2 prongs).

So it'd be
hot (red)->killswitch->master volume->ground (black, back of volume pot to sleeve on the jack)
"Play with your ears" - Yngwie Malmsteen, Paul Gilbert
Thats what she said...
UGmusic