Okay, for my final project in english class, grade 12, I have to find songs by Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix that relate to drugs. So if you could name some songs that you know that lyrics relate to drugs then that would be helpful.

This is my final project and I have to do good on it, I have to compare there lyrics somehow, she told me to use drugs, I have to talk about it for 15-20 minutes in front of the class. I figured I would put on two 10 minutes songs but I guess im not allowed to do that.

If you can name even one song it would help me alot. I procrastonated a bit so im kinda screwed. Thanks
Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

I'll think of one from the doors in a minute
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
I probably should have mentioned i have purple haze and manic depression, i dont know if that is one or not. But those are the two i have so far, and none for The Doors.
You will be hard pressed to find anything by the Doors about drugs
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

yeah thats what i was thinking too, but i guess it could be an analogy or something, like they dont have to exactly say a drug. Yeah maybe i should stop procrastonating.
That's what I was looking for, but I got nada

Edit-X: Though if you are good at bullshiting, then you could Jimi Hendrix - Angel
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

Quote by mitch_33
Okay, for my final project in english class, grade 12, I have to find songs by Jim Morrison and Jimi Hendrix that relate to drugs. So if you could name some songs that you know that lyrics relate to drugs then that would be helpful.

This is my final project and I have to do good on it, I have to compare there lyrics somehow, she told me to use drugs, I have to talk about it for 15-20 minutes in front of the class. I figured I would put on two 10 minutes songs but I guess im not allowed to do that.

If you can name even one song it would help me alot. I procrastonated a bit so im kinda screwed. Thanks

Err, songs by Hendrix and The Doors that relate to drugs?

...Are you seriously having difficulty with that?
Quote by panterarocker
in light my fire they ssay we couldnt get much higher is that good enough

No, you can't bs your way with that one
Random Metal-X fact:

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

"she told me to use drugs"

Anyway, does it have to be literal? Do you need the lyrics to actually mention drugs or can it be metaphorical? If it can be metaphorical then it really isn't hard. A LOT of their songs are about drugs or drug experiences.
haha.. she did tell me to hand out acid and that could be my project.. but i dont feel like buying alot if it, and yes it can be analogys or metaphorical, its better that way. Do you think you could help a fellow guitarist out and name a few for me.
Quote by panterarocker
in light my fire they ssay we couldnt get much higher is that good enough

you beat me to it,
Stone Free by Hendrix
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
At first I thought Red House by Hendrix was about drugs.

I love neapolitan ice cream, but I HATE VANILA AND STRAWBERRY!

Tremulous Name:
Aaron-[UVache]
Sounds like a awesome project to do. I had to do a 50 minute presentation about post-colonial theory.

The crystal ship-The Doors

Really good song. Is related to drugs.
Quote by Metal-X
You will be hard pressed to find anything by the Doors about drugs

on the other hand you'd be hard pressed to find anything by jimi hendrix that isn't about drugs
Quote by indie-bassist
Stone Free by Hendrix

Thats actually incorrect, its about being free from the 'burden' of a woman. As jimi saw it at that point when he wrote it.
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by shining
Sounds like a awesome project to do. I had to do a 50 minute presentation about post-colonial theory.

The crystal ship-The Doors

Really good song. Is related to drugs.

i had to do a half hour presentation on the history and influences of metallica, why, as a punishment for listening to them on my mp3 in class.
You could say "Love Her Madly" - the Doors is about a drug, as like a metaphorical infatuation, yeah thats some first class BS right there haha
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
Thats actually incorrect, its about being free from the 'burden' of a woman. As jimi saw it at that point when he wrote it.

Ok sorry, i shall never listen to my teacher again then lol
Quote by Bumper

Quote by future rock god
i had to do a half hour presentation on the history and influences of metallica, why, as a punishment for listening to them on my mp3 in class.

thanks for the replies everyone.. the time has now changed to 30 minutes instead of 10-20 becuase i got caught listening to some hendrix today.
Quote by mitch_33
thanks for the replies everyone.. the time has now changed to 30 minutes instead of 10-20 becuase i got caught listening to some hendrix today.

Did you tell her that you were working on your project attempting to find references to drug use in his songs?

On that note, I'll read up on some Doors lyrics when I listen to them later and tell you if I find anything.
haha damn i should have.. im not a quick thinker tho..

by the way where in ontario are you from?
Quote by indie-bassist
Ok sorry, i shall never listen to my teacher again then lol

I'm not sure whether to take that as ''You are wrong'' or ''My teacher is geniuely stupid''...
.Brand New.Bright Eyes.This Will Destroy You.

THRRRRRRRREADKILLER!
Quote by mitch_33
haha damn i should have.. im not a quick thinker tho..

by the way where in ontario are you from?

I live in Scarborough, or Toronto...though my religion teacher is from Sarnia.
You guys live in Sarnia? whats it like now that Aslan is back and the White Witch is dead
Quote by Siftings
You guys live in Sarnia? whats it like now that Aslan is back and the White Witch is dead

hah i live in sarnia..and in english please?
Quote by Cpt.Jackass
I'm not sure whether to take that as ''You are wrong'' or ''My teacher is geniuely stupid''...

Haha take it as my teacher is genuinely stupid
Quote by Bumper

Quote by mitch_33
hah i live in sarnia..and in english please?

you know- like the Chronicles of Sarnia?

....ah forget it, its stupid
ooohhh..haa..well ive never seen the chronicles of narnia so i didnt really catch on to that joke
"People are strange" "Strange days" "Waiting for the sun" "Break on through" are pretty much all about Acid trips.

my old man used to take acid, he says what they show you on telly is rubbish, he started talking about enlightenment and stuff, got wierd. He's encouring me to try it, but he warned me that LSD can either give you a good time, or completley **** with youre mind, and turn you insane (like a certain MR. Barrett).

Theres only a few songs from Hendrix refering to Acid etc, but mainly "Are you experienced" "3rd stone from the sun" etc are all a bit trip induced.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
thanks nick dixon.. that helps alot

yeah my dad told me when he first took acid he had a bad trip, he was walking home and he said it felt like his heart was coming out of his chest or something like that.