So you know how punk is usually when you rebel against the mainstream (am I sorta on track?) Then wouldn't today, to be punk, you'd have to love Bush and hate Green Day and the like? Cuz like today, everyone pretty much says they don't like Bush because "It's all a conspiracy man, it's all about the oil man." So they're just conforming to the non-conformists, so what I'm thinking, is that to be punk, you'd have to love Bush and blah blah blah. I know it sounds kinda weird but hey, just seeing if anyone has the same views as me.
To like Bush you have to be retarded, not punk. I could go into a long rant about where the definition of punk stands today but I don't feel like it.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

That was stupid. Punk is more about expressing views than hating Bush.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
I don't care what the americans do unless they invade Canada

to pumpkins_rule Rap doesn't>me, whatever the hell that means anyway
Quote by Zeppfreak170
I onece dumped a girl that I was seeing who already had a boyfriend... So anyway she put on like a stone and i dumped her telling her it was because i felt really guilty etc etc.

But really it's cos she got fat!

No fat chicks !
Quote by guitarkid2113
So you know how punk is usually when you rebel against the mainstream (am I sorta on track?) Then wouldn't today, to be punk, you'd have to love Bush and hate Green Day and the like? Cuz like today, everyone pretty much says they don't like Bush because "It's all a conspiracy man, it's all about the oil man." So they're just conforming to the non-conformists, so what I'm thinking, is that to be punk, you'd have to love Bush and blah blah blah. I know it sounds kinda weird but hey, just seeing if anyone has the same views as me.

What? All I got from that is "I am an idiot".
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
^ To both of you, I know that punk is about that stuff, but most teenagers today just say that they hate Bush to express their "views" but more so to just be with the crowd.

Eh?
Quote by guitarkid2113
^ To both of you, I know that punk is about that stuff, but most teenagers today just say that they hate Bush to express their "views" but more so to just be with the crowd.

Eh?

Most teenagers hate bush because he's an idiot.
Ain't Nuthin' But a UG Thang: Generic member of the UG Hip Hop/Guitar Music Equality Illuminati

Quote by mydarkesthour

It seems like UG is full of those Caveman Metalheads

Quote by mydarkesthour
I meant caveman as in long haired....

If you want to be punk, do your own thing. Don't follow around trends. Punk is about expressing your own personal opinions. You like bush? You like bush. You like green day as well, sure why not.
So they like Bush or not, I don't think they're going to just love him and hate Greenday.

And by your post you don't have a complete understand of what punk is.

EDIT:

Quote by guitarkid2113
ah, nevermind, I can't seem to get my point though.

Because your point obviously doesn't make any sense.
BRIGHT LIGHTS PUT ME IN A TRANCE.
but it aint house music that makes me want to dance.
Quote by guitarkid2113

Eh?

No.
Quote by BeefWellington

what's the point in being "philiosophical"?

Interesting question...
umm i see what you mean but i dont necessarily completely agree

punk is pretty much dead these days as far as im concerned. I cant really think of one modern band that i would call punk- any corrections are welcome but none come to mind

punk to me is not less like blink 182 and more like the clash and the sex pistols and the ramones

i know im not the biggest punk person but to me, most of the people who say they are punk are just posers. They dont stand for anything really.
i realize this may seem like an ignorant post to some of you but if your gonna say "omg! [insert band name here] is so punk!" then at least back it up with something they do/did that is punk or a statement they make/made or how they influence music in a non-gay/greenday sort of way
Quote by garden of grey
rofl, green day = punk?

You do not know anything about music or politics. Also, I am not a fan of Bush but feel content to call me a redneck if it makes you happy. Another thing; Learn how to type to where people know what you are talking about!
Dude he was saying the opposite.
I totally see your point and where your coming from on this. Conforming to nonconformity...hahaha. So true.
It may seem like a Catch 22, but when you're tr00 punx, you don't give a **** about contradicting yourself. Oi!

Btw, you're only the one bajillionth person to point this out.
Ugh
On vacation from modding = don't pm me with your pish
Being punk does not equal disliking what other people like. It's about doing what you like. And I'm glad you didn't post this in the punk forum because you'd be getting flamed bad right now....which you kind of are for the most part.
What's up?
if you're really into punk ideals then you realise that there are more things to talk about than bush.

by the way, i'm a punk, and i like green day and hate bush. but i know green day isn't punk, i also know that the first thing clinton told bush when he got into office was that bin laden was america's biggest threat. someone requested an urgent meeting concerning bin laden, and it took place 9 months later. that meeting was about a threat of a terrorist attack, and a little while later 9/11 occured.
you can't say it's bush's fault that it happened, but surely he could have kind of lessened the impact (eg; prevented so many death's)

conforming to the mainsteam doesn't mean that if they like something you have to like the exact opposite. desperate housewives is mainstream. that didn't stop me from buying season 2 on dvd with my christmas money
Quote by B4Dkarma
When you look at a guy and immediately go, "wow, what a douchebag"

that is what girls find attractive.
Quote by guitarkid2113

I see your point, but Green Day are pop punk at best. Bad example. When punk first came about it was really shocking and non-conformist and so on, but in modern society there is so much of a culture where you can just choose what you believe in (theres a sociological word for this but i've forgotten it-doh) Anyway punk has become very popular to the extent that people rebelling has become the mainstream. There are so many people with so many different opinions around that it's increasingly difficult to be non-conformist because there's no singular conformity to anything... if that makes sense?
The punk attitude to me now is speaking your mind and having your own opinion on whatever. There is no raging against the mainstream, as there's that many mainstreams now that you end up contradicting yourself. Society isn't the same as it was 20/30 years ago, so there's no point trying to keep the ideals of that time alive as they're no longer valid.
Quote by grantml02
I don't care what the americans do unless they invade Canada

to pumpkins_rule Rap doesn't>me, whatever the hell that means anyway

They did.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
isnt it funny when anyone says "i want to be an individual" and goes to dress and listen to the same music as 100 million others who want to be in the same group. Punks, Goths, Moshers, Rockers, Chavs (British term for people who hang around street corners, drinking and causing trouble and wearing baseball caps). Whoever. They all say they dress like that because they want to be individuals, but they looks like millions of other people who all say the same thing.

There is no such thing as original, different, individual. Everyone does things the way someone else does.

Aint that a bit of a mind f**k?
always in the poo, only the depth changes
Quote by dm101
isnt it funny when anyone says "i want to be an individual" and goes to dress and listen to the same music as 100 million others who want to be in the same group. Punks, Goths, Moshers, Rockers, Chavs (British term for people who hang around street corners, drinking and causing trouble and wearing baseball caps). Whoever. They all say they dress like that because they want to be individuals, but they looks like millions of other people who all say the same thing.

There is no such thing as original, different, individual. Everyone does things the way someone else does.

Aint that a bit of a mind f**k?

True.

Although theres people like me who wear Reebok Classics(which arent made anymore, i just wear shoes till there absoultey done) and wear Adidas coats , but you wont see me drinking on your nearest council estate and I listen to Dream Theatre , Oasis , Metallica , Joe Satriani and sometimes even 2pac and NWA.

Basically im saying even though the majoirty of people do the same , there is a small amount of us that are what i'd call free.
Quote by pistols
if you're really into punk ideals then you realise that there are more things to talk about than bush.

by the way, i'm a punk, and i like green day and hate bush. but i know green day isn't punk, i also know that the first thing clinton told bush when he got into office was that bin laden was america's biggest threat. someone requested an urgent meeting concerning bin laden, and it took place 9 months later. that meeting was about a threat of a terrorist attack, and a little while later 9/11 occured.
you can't say it's bush's fault that it happened, but surely he could have kind of lessened the impact (eg; prevented so many death's)

conforming to the mainsteam doesn't mean that if they like something you have to like the exact opposite. desperate housewives is mainstream. that didn't stop me from buying season 2 on dvd with my christmas money

Although I imagine I'd find desparate housewives lame, I salute you pistols.

The ONLY way to be punk is to do what you want. If you do things because other people dont, those other people still dictate what you do.

I happen to share the exact same philosophy on shoes as rocknrollstar. My girlfriend's sister calls my trainers 'chav shoes'. ......

So he rocks too.
Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"
Last edited by Daitrying at Jan 11, 2007,
Quote by Daitrying

Although I imagine I'd find desparate housewives lame, I salute you pistols.

The ONLY way to be punk is to do what you want. If you do things because other people dont, those other people still dictate what you do.

I happen to share the exact same philosophy on shoes as rocknrollstar. My girlfriend's sister calls my trainers 'chav shoes'. ......

So he rocks too.

Nice to met someone who thinks like me.

*Waves*
*Waves back*
Zeppelinism Extremist, PM TheHeartbreaker to join

...and the victim screameth, saying "Hast thou not heard of elastoplast?!"