I currently play the Trombone in symphonic band, I play the Bass guitar for my band, I'm talking guitar lessons, and someone's asked me to start accompianing people on piano.

I hate the T-bone.
Bass guitar is fun.
I think I like guitar and work towards playing guitar well more than any other instrument.
I haven't played the piano since about seventh grade (in 11th now.)

I know of many professional musicians that play many instruments, but how many is too many?

Because I'm going to either quite trombone and start another symphonic band instrument (or just quite T-bone) and I want to know which instrument would be best.

And I want to know if it's a good idea to commit to playing piano?
learning piano is a great advantage for learning any instrument, especially guitar...i would personally play guitar, bass, and piano - bassists are usually harder to find, especially ones who know a decent amount of theory, which will be easier when learning piano...obviously, a multi-instrumentalist is a much greater asset to a band or ensemble than a guitarist, since they grow on trees and all
Quote by BigFatSandwich
it took you 15 consecutive hours of practice to realize that playing guitar makes you better at playing guitar. congratulations.

Quote by Sharp_as_steel
Axe_grinder pwns!!!!

Member #2 of the "Official UG Teabaggers' Cult". PM Slayer224 to join.
Quote by devilscruffs14
i myself play 9, and i can handle it...

drums
bass
guitar
sax
cello
piano
accordian
english horn
trumpet

So that's pretty insane, but my advice is just learn as many as you feel like you can, or how many you really want to.
ya the more the better. Piano is huge to a musician as it covers all aspects of music. You will benefit hugely from knowing lots of instruments as it gives you a different view of the instrument at hand.
Quote by funkdaddyfresh
justin, that was easily the most inspiring, helpful piece of advice anyone has ever given me in regards to my musical pursuits.

Screaming Help