View poll results: What guitar?
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
1 14%
Ibanez RG350DX
2 29%
Other
4 57%
Voters: 7.
I got a bit of money for christmas so my budget for a guitar has increased (No LTD for me!

But now I've got another predicament: Which guitar?

HELP!

I play Rock Metal most of the time, and I'm going for 24 frets and a floating bridge.

Needs to be under $500

Suggestions are fine, but it needs to be something I can buy in store (ie guitar center)
I don't like ordering online...
Schecter C1 FR

/thread

It's got active pickups, a mahogany body, an Original Floyd Rose, etc. It's perfect for you.
The Schecter I posted of earlier has coil taps. So if you want a single coil, you've got one in the neck, and one at the bridge.
^^ Actually, the 2006-2007 C1-FR's have licensed FR's
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP
- Dunlop Cry Baby Classic

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
it doesn't have coil taps ^, but is a great guitar

Quote by ibanez_rocker

but they're a good LFR
Quote by ibanez_rocker

BAH!

I was thinking of the old ones, then. The older ones had coil taps, and OFR's.

Nevermind, sorry.
I'd try a few of those RG_EX guitars out before buying one, some of them stay in tune fine and others don't stay in tune well.
Quote by Guitarmiester
I'd try a few of those RG_EX guitars out before buying one, some of them stay in tune fine and others don't stay in tune well.

I tried the 4ex w/o the bar (the guy wouldn't give it to me), yet he gave me the bar for one of the jacksons they had there...

The 350dx I just found the other day; I haven't gotten the chance to try it yet.

Would it be worth just saving the money up a little longer and getting a 1570.

Or even better:

is it possible to get a good deal on a 1570? (as in, say, $500...)
Spend the extra money and get the Schecter C-1 Artist. It has a 5 way switch, 0 heel set neck, and its all around amazing. It is only $550
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
he wants a floyd
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh
don't stick your penis in it

MY RIG!
Kramer Striker Custom FR-424 CM
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Johnson Electric Acoustic
Zoom GFX-1 Multi Effect pedal
Randall RX25
Behringer Distortion Pedal
Check E-Bay. It is honestly THE BEST guitar to buy in the price range. It comes with Seymour Duncan JB/59 combo too!
EDIT: AHH! I forgot about the FR, sorry.
My Gear-

Guitars
- Schecter Gryphon
- Ibanez GRX40

Amp/Effects

- Crate FXT65 With DSP

My Choice
- DR 9's
- Dunlop 2mm
to be honest, i have the RG4EXQM1 (whew...long name, haha), and i just got it, so i can't verify the whole, "Edge III craps out in 6 months or more" thing, but it holds tune perfectly as long as you don't totally abuse the floyd over and over and over again, i'm not saying a few will make it go out of tune, i'm talking about 45 minutes to an hour and a half maybe worth of totally abusing it, to make it go out a half step, it's honestly not that bad, and the fine tuners cover that, i've tuned it once unlocking it, and have replaced the strings (one at a time) already, and have had no problems, and this is my first floyd, but if you can maybe save up another 250 bucks, definitely save up for the 1570
what about a 1570 off ebay?

Is ebay still full of Ibanez counterfeiters?
look at them, they will mist likely not be counterfeit if you're buying from somewhere other than china, don't buy from china, look and see if they have a serial code on the back of the headstock, and look it up, i think ibanez has a thing where u can put in a serial code and it will tell you where the guitar was made, what year, and all that, but yeah, ebay is a viable source