At times, he'll be playing straight 16th notes, and he just sticks out one finger, and strums one string with it. It's really hard to describe, but I've never really seen anything like it. Here's a few videos where he does it occasionally...just pay attention to Mic and you'll see it.

Three Evils
A Favor House Atlantic
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.
i never really noticed it tbh. you mean he alternate picks with one finger (back and forth?)

hard to describe i know, shame he isn't in coheed now, he had a killer tone sometimes.
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
shavo odadjian from system of a down sometimes plays like that. he does it in the Sugar live performance at Big Day Out 2002 (or 2001? can't remember, same one Rammstein went to)
Member of the Morley PWB Owners Club. PM mountaindew88 to join.
ive tried doing that, i'll pluck down with two fingers then pluck the string again on the way back up...i dont like the tone my nails produce tho. so i stick to the traditional two finger (sometimes three)
Quote by Metalology

................../´¯/)
...............,/¯..//
............./....//
....../´¯/'...'/´¯¯`·¸
.../'/.../..../......./¨¯\
.('( ...´(..´......,~/'...')
..\.................\/..../
...''...\.......... _.·´
....\..........(

bassmonkey16@nexopia
Quote by IndieMetalhead
shame he isn't in coheed now, he had a killer tone sometimes.

I hear you....Coheed will probably go craptacular without him. Two things I noticed about that DVD (live at starland): the weird strumming, and that Starland Ballroom looks so much bigger than in reality
Last.FM

Quote by Applehead
There are some things in life that are universally "good":

Sex, pizza, the smell of fresh washing and slap bass.