k since no one in that thread wanted to help me...ill try the general pit.

Well here's my story. Last christmas i got an iPod video(30 gigs) and it lasted me till this september when it crapped out but I just sent it in and got a new one. And it works fine. Well it has till now. This christmas i got a new FM transmitter for it. The old one i had blew a fuse, it was some no-name thing. Its the Belkin TuneBase Fm. But heres my problem. It won't work with my iPod!!! Also it came in come pack from Costco that included the TuneCommand base. And that wont work either. Now, my sister got a 2nd gen. Nano this year and it works just fine with both those things. But mine wont!

Here is What I've done to try and make it work:
-check for updates (there were none)
-re-install iTunes (didn't help)
-restore iPod (didn't help)

and after none of that work i got my dad to call Belkin (im terrible on phones). I wasn't home when that took place but apparantly he told them everything and exactly what iPod i have and they told him to download the 1.3 firmware for iPod. Well if you didn't know, that doesn't exist. 1.3 was for the original iPods.
PLEASE HELP ME!!!

Also, i resently tried my friends monster cable fm transmitter and it works fine with my iPod. But i can't take my Belkin one back, it was bought over a month ago.

Also Also. When i connect my iPod to the FM base, it says its charging. But the FM station screen does not appear. And pushing buttons does nothing.
I am so tired of seeing Ipod threads! Theres an official Ipod discussion thread! Use it!
Yeah, there's already a thread for this.

Edit: Woops, nevermind.
Quote by Zuka
I am so tired of seeing Ipod threads! Theres an official Ipod discussion thread! Use it!

Read the goddamn post.
You might have another defective iPod. Send it in to Apple Care and have them look at it.
Belkin isn't that no-name, all I know is they make wireless network cards...

You probably have an out of date piece of hardware, as far as I know you can't downgrade firmware and there would be no point downgrading it cause then your losing something else...

1.3 is like a 2004 release, it's not a defected ipod, it's out of date hardware, so you would probably need a new tuner in order to do that, you can probably take it back...

Another thing is the hardware (tuner) could have a defect, if the iPod had a defect you would know it without trying to use the tuner.
Last edited by raisinbran at Jan 10, 2007,
Quote by kmbuchamushroom
Don't know what to say really except call them back and keep them on the phone while you try to fix it. Sorry

Yup, thats my next plan.

Quote by raisinbran
Belkin isn't that no-name, all I know is they make wireless network cards...

You probably have an out of date piece of hardware, as far as I know you can't downgrade firmware and there would be no point downgrading it cause then your losing something else...

1.3 is like a 2004 release, it's not a defected ipod, it's out of date hardware, so you would probably need a new tuner in order to do that, you can probably take it back...

Another thing is the hardware (tuner) could have a defect, if the iPod had a defect you would know it without trying to use the tuner.

You have no idea what your talking about.

Good thing I do.