I have a Yamaha Pacifica 012 and I was thinking of adding these mods to the guitar as i get money...

for the humbucker
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Pickups:_Guitar,_electric/EMG_Select_Humbucker_For_Guitar.html

For the other two pick ups
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Electronics,_pickups/Pickups:_Guitar,_electric/EMG_Select_Pickup_For_Strat.html

Was thinking of changing out the pick guard on the guitar was well (my guitar is black and the pick guard is why) Though perhaps its better to leave it white but I was thinking perhaps pearloid or tortoise.
http://www.stewmac.com/shop/Pickguards/Strat_style_pickguards/1/Strat_Pickguards_Humbucker_Single_Single/Pictures.html#details

These black knobs or the chrome ones.

I may also replace the bridge, though that sounds more difficult especially to find one that fits on the guitar... But suppose if i could i would like to make it black, along with the upper string pegs that are on the top of the neck... (don't exactly know the name for them)

Think other than that I would just add black strap locks if i can find them or just regular black strap holders.

Thoughts and comments? this would be sorta a work in progress as I wanna become more familiar with customization and figured this would be the best instrument to do it with. The thing that makes me really curious is how much the sound quality will improve with these upgrades.
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
Whats wrong with having two of the same pick ups? considering on the guitar there is the humbucker and two of the others. Is there a benifit to have a diffrent type of pick up on there as well?
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
Those passive EMGs look like abosolute shit, to be honest.

If you're on a low budget, look for something at www.guitarfetish.com

Good luck
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain
Are you pondering what I'm pondering pinky?

Pinky
I think so, Brain, but where would we buy rubber pants at this hour?
some one told me they were good on here, I don't mind spending more but I prefer EMG's any recomendations than?
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
the passive emgs suck, if you want a heavy tone get active emgs
Quote by Chikitty_China
Well, when I'm fapping, I sometimes look at my left hand and wonder what could have been ....
Quote by Sturek
some one told me they were good on here, I don't mind spending more but I prefer EMG's any recomendations than?

As the guy above me said, Active EMGs are good, those are passive EMGs, that's why those only cost 20 bucks, and The other EMGs are 200 bucks.

If you dont want to spend that much, go to guitarfetish
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Alright, well i don't reconize any of the pick up's on there have any recomendations on something that would be good?
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
and doesnt the guitar have to be active to use active pick up's? I am not sure that the pacifica 012 is active..
My Gear

Ibanez GSR 200
Schecter C4
Fender Rumble 100
Quote by Sturek
and doesnt the guitar have to be active to use active pick up's? I am not sure that the pacifica 012 is active..

What?, you can pretty much put any pup on any guitar, you would however have to route a small cavity in the body for the battery, not sure if youre willing to do that, though.

What kind of music do you play?
Quote by Pinky&The Brain

Brain

Pinky
Quote by edwardthegreat5
What?, you can pretty much put any pup on any guitar, you would however have to route a small cavity in the body for the battery, not sure if youre willing to do that, though.

What kind of music do you play?

you don't have to route a small cavity for the battery.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
Quote by GnGonzalesjoe
you don't have to route a small cavity for the battery.

^HE AINT LYING
GEAR
- Epi Les Paul Custom (emma)
- Orange Tiny Terror
- 2x12 w/greenbacks
-MXR ZW-44 Overdrivel
- MXR Phase 90
- EB Volume JR.
- Boss DD-3
Quote by forsaknazrael
No, but it makes changing the battery much more convenient.

you don't have the battery frequently like guitar strings. Battery life is pretty good.
Ibanez RGT42DXFX with emg 81/85
Schecter C1-Classic
Vox AD30VT
Knock off P-Bass
for the pickguard there are 3 options: keep the one you have now, but a pickguard blank and trace the current one and cut your own, or drill new holes in the guitar and hope that the new pickguard covers the old ones and is the right shape. the pickguard on yamaha pacificas is not the same as those on strats, the screws are placed differently, and they may also be a different shape du to the thinner horns on the yamaha. you dont need to route a cavity, its an option for convenience later but requires more work and skill now. for pickups try wilkinson pickups if guitar fetish have any.

"You're a MESS!"