gonna buy some new cds, want some pop punk and want to know what is the best queers cd?
Quote by BrianApocalypse
Rancid are the best punk band ever.

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

He doesn't sound like Opie from family guy at all.
don't buy the queers. Buy a Crimpshrine album instead.

Or Bent Outta Shape would be a good choice:

as would:

J Church
Lefty Loosie
ADD/C
Panty Shanty
Friday Knight
Toys That Kill
Onion Flavored Rings
HELP ME I'M TRAPPED IN A HUMAN BODY!
okay i will, i buy cds all the time. but i want to try out the queers too, so what is a good album? and also good albums for those bands too.
Quote by BrianApocalypse

Tim Armstrong is a songwriting genius, is a complete fashion diva and has an incredible singing voice.

Love Songs For the Retarded is a good one. I also think "Punk Rock Confidential" is a good one. AS far as I'm concerned, any Queers album is a good one
brnh.bandcamp.com
Quote by whyvern
don't buy the queers. Buy a Crimpshrine album instead.

Or Bent Outta Shape would be a good choice:

as would:

J Church
Lefty Loosie
ADD/C
Panty Shanty
Friday Knight
Toys That Kill
Onion Flavored Rings

Why, when someone asks a question about a specific band, do you ALWAYS suggest the same couple bands to them? He asked about a Queers CD, he didn't want someone to suggest music to him.
Cos those bands are really simillar and usually people who would like the queers would like those bands as well. It's called progression into more underground music. We all go through it. I wouldn't've found those bands if people hadn't done the same to me. If people had just been all passive and said "oh yeah keep listening to The Queers and MTX and don't bother to go out and find newer and sometimes more exciting things" then I wouldn't like most of the music I do now and I wouldn't be as active in the DIY punk rock community as I am today. So we can all just sit back and listen to the same bands that mainstream punks have been listening to since the mid 90's "skate punk" explosion... or we could listen to bands that are going on today, or were ignored in the 90's skate punk explosion. I could list alot of other bands that he'd like too but those are generally the most accesible (i.e. easiest to find on the Internet and not having to dig through bargain bin after bargain bin at a record store in some place like San Antonio or Chattanooga or something) and some of them do that type of music the best. If you're content ignoring all the changes that have happened in underground punk rock since 1985, then I feel sorry for you (by you I'm not specifically talking about you, I'm talking about anyone who keeps suggesting these bands that EVERYONE knows about and are really easy to find out about with some minor research, thus making them easy to discuss on an internet forum like this) and I really hope that you snap out of that because it's not 1985 anymore, and I think we're better off now. Of course this is just all of my opinion and it's not right for me to force it on you, but I'm telling you, that if you use bands like the Queers as a stepping stone to something new and different you'll be able to connect with that feeling you got a your first show. Ya know the feeling that this is so exciting and I-HAVE-TO-BE-A-PART-OF-THIS-NO-MATTER-WHAT!!!!!-feeling, the feeling that I think we should all try and tap everytime we play a show, write a zine, start a band, listen to bands.

But hey, I'm just the crazy kid that repeats the same obscure bands over and over again for no reason. It's like my keyboard magically types Bent Outta Shape. If you listen to it, you'll see why I recommend it to everyone who likes the poppier side of punk rock.
Quote by whyvern
Cos those bands are really simillar and usually people who would like the queers would like those bands as well. It's called progression into more underground music. We all go through it. I wouldn't've found those bands if people hadn't done the same to me. If people had just been all passive and said "oh yeah keep listening to The Queers and MTX and don't bother to go out and find newer and sometimes more exciting things" then I wouldn't like most of the music I do now and I wouldn't be as active in the DIY punk rock community as I am today. So we can all just sit back and listen to the same bands that mainstream punks have been listening to since the mid 90's "skate punk" explosion... or we could listen to bands that are going on today, or were ignored in the 90's skate punk explosion. I could list alot of other bands that he'd like too but those are generally the most accesible (i.e. easiest to find on the Internet and not having to dig through bargain bin after bargain bin at a record store in some place like San Antonio or Chattanooga or something) and some of them do that type of music the best. If you're content ignoring all the changes that have happened in underground punk rock since 1985, then I feel sorry for you (by you I'm not specifically talking about you, I'm talking about anyone who keeps suggesting these bands that EVERYONE knows about and are really easy to find out about with some minor research, thus making them easy to discuss on an internet forum like this) and I really hope that you snap out of that because it's not 1985 anymore, and I think we're better off now. Of course this is just all of my opinion and it's not right for me to force it on you, but I'm telling you, that if you use bands like the Queers as a stepping stone to something new and different you'll be able to connect with that feeling you got a your first show. Ya know the feeling that this is so exciting and I-HAVE-TO-BE-A-PART-OF-THIS-NO-MATTER-WHAT!!!!!-feeling, the feeling that I think we should all try and tap everytime we play a show, write a zine, start a band, listen to bands.

But hey, I'm just the crazy kid that repeats the same obscure bands over and over again for no reason. It's like my keyboard magically types Bent Outta Shape. If you listen to it, you'll see why I recommend it to everyone who likes the poppier side of punk rock.

I understand that you want to get him into more underground bands, but if he asks for a Queers CD, you could atleast tell him which Queers CD to get, then recommend others.

Edit: And now that you mentioned the bands, I have to give them a try. Do they have myspaces? I'm too lazy to look.
Quote by TheAdict310
I understand that you want to get him into more underground bands, but if he asks for a Queers CD, you could atleast tell him which Queers CD to get, then recommend others.

The only good stuff the queers really did was on Killed By Death #3.... good luck finding that anywhere.

edit:

by the way here's good albums by those bands:

Crimpshrine - just go ahead and buy both Albums, Duct Tape Soup and The Sound of a New World Being Born
Lefty Loosie - Demo tape... I dunno how easy it is to get, they gave me a copy of theirs, hit me up on AIM if ya want it
ADD/C - Get the Queerwulf, ADD/C, Jack Palace Band split, it's on This Here... No Idea's website should have a copy of it on their 'distro' page. It should be like 3 or 4 bucks.
Panty Shanty and Friday Knight have a split out that you should get. It's on Plan-It-X South, so any place that carries PIX stuff can get it for ya.
Toys That Kill - get the new album, I dunno what it's called.
Onion Flavored Rings - if you can find an old tape from the Funyuns... BUY IT! But you should just get their 2 albums, Used To It and Two Minutes Entaglement
Bent Outta Shape - buy both of their albums, the S/T and Stray Dog Town... also if you find some kind of recording on the internet or something of a song they did called Fourth of July... please please please let me know!

All of these can be found pretty easily on soulseek too. It's a really good tool. Look at people's profiles on soulseek who have this music and download other bands that look cool too!
Last edited by whyvern at Jan 11, 2007,
Quote by whyvern
The only good stuff the queers really did was on Killed By Death #3.... good luck finding that anywhere.

edit:

by the way here's good albums by those bands:

Crimpshrine - just go ahead and buy both Albums, Duct Tape Soup and The Sound of a New World Being Born
Lefty Loosie - Demo tape... I dunno how easy it is to get, they gave me a copy of theirs, hit me up on AIM if ya want it
ADD/C - Get the Queerwulf, ADD/C, Jack Palace Band split, it's on This Here... No Idea's website should have a copy of it on their 'distro' page. It should be like 3 or 4 bucks.
Panty Shanty and Friday Knight have a split out that you should get. It's on Plan-It-X South, so any place that carries PIX stuff can get it for ya.
Toys That Kill - get the new album, I dunno what it's called.
Onion Flavored Rings - if you can find an old tape from the Funyuns... BUY IT! But you should just get their 2 albums, Used To It and Two Minutes Entaglement
Bent Outta Shape - buy both of their albums, the S/T and Stray Dog Town... also if you find some kind of recording on the internet or something of a song they did called Fourth of July... please please please let me know!

All of these can be found pretty easily on soulseek too. It's a really good tool. Look at people's profiles on soulseek who have this music and download other bands that look cool too!

What the hell's soulseek?
thanx whyvern
Quote by BrianApocalypse