Page 1 of 2
im thinking of buying a weeping demon cause it looks sick. but i also wanna get the jim dunlop cry baby.

what do guys think i should get?

i play metallica, deftones, killswitch enage, rhcp mostly.

cheers
weeping demon...more versatile
2008 PRS Custom 24 in Blue Matteo
2007 PRS Paul Allender Signature
Boss GT-10
2007 Fender Marcus Miller Signature Bass
Gallien-Krueger 1001RB-II
Gallien-Krueger 810RBX

myspace.com/porcelainprovince
i own a vox 487. amazing wah. even more amazing if its modded(which once i get the guts im gonna do). but for what you want go for the weaping deamon
i may not climb the social ladder...
but i do climb the school yard fence.
yea for wat u play the wd kills the vox... the 487 is alright for clean though.. like it more than the wd imo
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
weeping demon
my band

ESP LTD Viper 400
Ibanez RG4EXQM1
Squier Fat Strat

Peavey EVH 5150
Peavey XXX Head
Roland Cube 30
Carvin 4x12 Cab
B-52 4x12 Cab

Boss GE-7
Boss NS-2
EH Big Muff Pi (Russian)
i used to like the weeping demon, untilli realized that it had some major tracking issues on fast sweeps.
make Industrial and/or experimental electronic music? Join my group!

Last.fm
Guys I believe it's V847 not 487.

Anywho I read alot of good stuff about the weeping demon.
May be worth checking out...
High Cardinal of Zeppelinism PM TheHeartbreaker to join and
"Co-Founder (and Yoda) of the Star Wars Universe. PM me or SethMegadefan to join.

' " The last enemy that shall be destroyed is death"...'-p.269-Deathly Hallows
aight thanks guys. just then i found out bout the zakk wylde sig pedal. hows taht compare to weeping demon?
^

thanks. but the zakk wylde sig would be more expensieve yea? but also i read that the weeping demon has battery problems. so i still dont know what to get.

cheers
try the 535 Q by dunlop its versatile and sounds better than the WD and its only $20 more.

Last.fm
Weeping Demon is horrible. Crybaby is bad. So is the 535Q.
I'm not very active here on UG currently.
I'm a retired Supermod off to the greener pastures of the real world.
Vox! Budda!
^ he's right. If you knock two of the three leading wah's, what's there to buy? i'm guessing you're a fan of Vox wah's then. I liked the sound of the Wylde wah but have only briefly played one myself and never owned one. I'd go with the 535q cuz it's nasty, but if u just short of the funds then go with the WD. I'd just save and get the better quality equipment imo.
Quote by Briyan_15
I think this man has a reputation to defend and "poop head" is not in that reputation.

Quote by omegasus
RUSSELL! WHAT THE ****!!!!
The Vox is seriously a better wah in all ways than those. It has a good sweep, a good sensitive range, it's more vocal sounding with smoother and thicker midrange.
yeah but i like the heavy shit man. ^ you dont seem to. i read the bands you like. thanks anyways. but can you tell me all the shit stuff bout the WD. cause i listened to the distorted sample on musicians friend and it was soo sweet
lol. i was wondering since im not so good with pinch harmonics ( the sounds of pigs getting stabbed) . if there are pedals for em. like the type of squeals you get in killswitch or duality by slipknot has good ones.
crybaby 535Q! definitely the best crybaby and I have it.
Behringerv-tone(first guitar)
Epiphone les paul standard plus (cherry burst)
Flanger Pearl peddle
Marshall G15R CD
Dunlop 535Q wah

I like Epi LP's. You got a problem, PM me!
Dimebag Sig Crybaby from Hell!!!
My Gear

Guitars:
1981 Gibson Les Paul Custom
Fender MIM Standard Strat

Cort Acoustic

Amp:
Marshall JCM 2000 DSL 201

Pedals:
Dunlop Crybaby From Hell
Boss DD20 Giga Delay
Boss CE 2 Chorus
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
Weeping Demon is horrible. Crybaby is bad. So is the 535Q.

yeah!! vox is the way to go........
CLICK ME

Quote by lrc95

hi, i was just wondering how to post a thread?

Quote by AS I LAY DYING!
and USD is equal to how much in US dollars?

Quote by Armchair Bronco
Everyone must own a DS-1 at some point in their playing career.

^^idiots

Morley wahs are really good
try the tremonti and the bad horsie. Both are reallly really good.

EDIT- the Tremonti is especially good at high-gain sounds. The Bad horsie is for steve vai wah tones (I guess that's why it's his sig. wah....duh)
My Rig:
PRS SE custom
cube 60
Dual Rectifier Roadster (2X12 combo)
DR strings
EHX Multiplexer
Quote by That_Pink_Queen
The Vox is seriously a better wah in all ways than those. It has a good sweep, a good sensitive range, it's more vocal sounding with smoother and thicker midrange.

meh ill take a crybaby over a vox any day, i took an original crybaby over a xvox when i did a side by side comparison, the crybaby IMO works better with distortion and has more "wah" to it.

Last.fm
I have the crybaby GCB-95 and hate it. I think there is something wrong with it...?

The Pink Queen, would I be better off Upgrading the GCB-95 or buying something else?
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
Quote by MrSandMan
I have the crybaby GCB-95 and hate it. I think there is something wrong with it...?

The Pink Queen, would I be better off Upgrading the GCB-95 or buying something else?

Buy something else mate, that's what I'm gonna do, it's not worth upgrading
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
I played on a budda once.

It was pretty much amazing. I don't know what the model was though.

edit: Hey satch, if your getting your les paul soon, what guitar do you play now?
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 RI Telecaster
'77 Deluxe Reverb
Sunface w/ SunDial
MXR Carbon Copy
Crybaby

Quote by Sid McCall
Epic win. He speaks the truth, boys and girls.

Founder of the Neutral Milk Hotel club PM to join~
Weeping Demons are hard to work on if something goes wrong on them. They dont use standard inductors like the Crybaby or the Vox. Instead they use optical sensors to control the sweep. Also they cant really be modified like the Crybaby and Vox.

Crybaby's are a little wierd sounding, imo, but you can modify them to sound amazing. While the Vox does sound alot better, you can pick up an Original Crybaby for $70 and then mod it instead of paying $100 for the Vox V847 and then have to mod it. Also the Vox doesnt have an A/C adapter.

Just some stuff to think about.
Quote by hamish5178
edit: Hey satch, if your getting your les paul soon, what guitar do you play now?

just my first guitar (technically my second coz my first one broke after a month) i dont know the make of it. it has MD on the headstock and it resembles the les paul double-cut but it's a hunk of junk like my amp(s) so im gonna get an LP and once i sell the mg100 im gonna get an all tube of some kind
Gear:
Epiphone SG Standard - Natural Wood Finish + SD Alnico Pro 2 Bridge Pickup
Epiphone Les Paul Standard - Limited Edition Green
Ibanez S470
Blackstar HT-100 Head
Harley Benton 2x12 Vintage 30's
Vox AC4TV
Vox VT15
hey someone answer me. how KsE can play picking normally then switch to the pinch harmonic picking style then switch back to normal picking so fast. is there some kind of pedal for that?
yah, its called skill...

no really i dont know but i think it must be...

but i always do wonder howthey do that
Gear
-Ibanez RG321 ( /w D-Sonic)
-Agile AL-3100 (/w Custom + '59)
-Yamaha FG730S
-Crybaby 535Q
-Keeley TS-9
-ISP Decimator
-B-52 AT-212
Quote by Mental-lica
My hats off to you mr. lanzaa and you can put this in your sig

M en
E jaculating
T o
A wful
L yrics
I'm going to reccommend the Weeping Demon, but only because it's th only wah I've played on.
President of the Guitarists Born In 1991 Club. PM blues rocker or I to join

Quote by RadioHead22
I love you greendayguitar
In a non- gay, awkward-man-hug way
Quote by MrSandMan

you can upgrade it and make it sound amazing for $30 and some time spent soldering, just do that.

Last.fm
Quote by lanzaa
yah, its called skill...

no really i dont know but i think it must be...

but i always do wonder howthey do that

SKILL!!??

come on there must be a pedal.
weeping demon.
can do anything.
classic rock, psychadelic, metal, rock, funk maybe. although i havent tried to play funk ever.
i tried a crybaby along with two other wahs, and i liked the weeping demon the most.
plus it has an array of features that other wahs certainly dont have.
Quote by ImSheddingSkin
your avatar rules
Weeping Demon is very good, i dont know what batteries problems you've heard of but a 9volt can last a while for me, but i do recomend a power supply.

but yeah the WD can pull off a lot of genre's including funk like Danzig has mentioned but hasnt tried.
Ibanez AFS75/Fender Strat Plus > Fulltone Deja' Vibe > Keeley TS808 MOD+ > Fulltone OCD > VanAmps SoleMate > Metro JTM45
^ prolly just upgrade it. I like the sound clips for the Vox V847... I may ebay the Crybaby-95 and get that, I dunno. Will the upgraded 95 sound as good? Where do I buy the kit? You could sell me a light bulb and tell me it'll upgrade the damn thing, I don't know what parts I need.
"I don't want to be hostile. I don't want to be dismal.
But I don't want to rot in an apathetic existence either.
"
-Maynard

| |
an upgraded crybaby will wipe the floor with the vox, search google for wah mods, but the first two things you will need are a new switch so you can make it true bypass, and a fasel inductor. Just with that the tone will be much improved.

Last.fm
any1 here heard and KsE songs. how they play a PH and back to normal pciking. and some of the change is really fast

and1 know how they do that. isit a pedal?
Page 1 of 2