i don't want to watch the actual state of the union.

but i do want to watch the daily show completely rip on it.

anyone else?
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
anyone can make fun of him, its getting old.
everyones laughs are turning into tears
<//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\//\\>
this rasicm is killing me inside
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
well he'll rip on it on tommorows episode, because all of the daily show's are recorded at like 10am eastern time.
Gear

Johnson strat copy
epi les paul jr
epi les paul studio
Ibanez gax 75
crate 10 watt
crate fxt 120
danelectro honeytone
marshall 8200 bichorus
behringer 400watt cab
By all means, Bush deserves it. If he thinks putting more troops in Iraq will solve anything, than he's out of his mind. More than 60% of the country doesn't agree with his choices, but he has his head too far up his ass to realize it.
WHY IS EVERYONE IN THE PIT A FUCKING METALCORE KID
how bout the colbert report

even if its not a direct insult its kinda like a back handed insult
~We Rock Out With Our Cocks Out!: UG Naked Club.~
Post a naked picture of yourself with your guitar to join.

Quote by gunther_sucks
Hey you look kind of like me.

Except for the sexy man goatee, and kickass shades. And sweet guitar.

I'm jealous.
i'll probably watch it, when its on, which is like 2 weeks away.

should have made this thread 2 weeks from now.
Quote by Vandaliztik
how bout the colbert report

even if its not a direct insult its kinda like a back handed insult

Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
I don't see how you can watch just the comedy news shows, laugh at the political jokes, and then think that you could run the country better than the president, when you can't even be bothered to watch the real speech.

You kids are so mature.
Quote by scheck006
I don't see how you can watch just the comedy news shows, laugh at the political jokes, and then think that you could run the country better than the president, when you can't even be bothered to watch the real speech.

You kids are so mature.

*standing ovation*
Last night I played a blank tape at full volume. The mime next door went crazy.

Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
I wanna see the actual State of the Union. Problem is, I can never watch Bush on TV for longer than 3 minutes without having to yell "F*CK YOUUU!!!!!!!!" and give my TV the finger.

The guy just really pisses me off.

Aren't you mature...

Did Green Day teach you to do that?
Quote by Kartman
By all means, Bush deserves it. If he thinks putting more troops in Iraq will solve anything, than he's out of his mind. More than 60% of the country doesn't agree with his choices, but he has his head too far up his ass to realize it.

So he was more right when 80% of the country agreed with him?

Answer:

NO. The American people are generally ignorant of everything besides what it takes for them to do their jobs and live their day-to-day lives, afraid of change, and react negatively to things they aren't familiar with or don't understand. They generally don't have closely-held beliefs and change their political opinions like they change their underwear. That's why "approval ratings" can fluxuate from day-to-day, let alone month-to-month. Bush was just as bad a president on 9/12/01 when he had an 85% approval rating as he was on 9/10/01 when he had a 40% approval rating. Just because the American people oppose or support an idea doesn't mean the idea is either wrong or right. If the American people are always right, there would still be de jure racism in the US, maybe even slavery. If the majority of American people are always right, gays deserve as little protection and as few rights as possible because they're an abomination.
Hi, I'm Peter
Last edited by Dirk Gently at Jan 11, 2007,
At least there are good objectives with this plan. It's a phased introduction where the iraqi's have to provide a certain amount of troops before the next US addtion comes.
Quote by scheck006

You kids are so mature.

i agree with what you're saying aside from claiming these people couldnt run the country better then 'dubya'.

It really can't be that hard, i mean, sending more troops into Iraq? even i know thats just stupid
Quote by blynd_snyper
i agree with what you're saying aside from claiming these people couldnt run the country better then 'dubya'.

Then I'll have to think you're pretty much a complete idiot.

Average UGer =/= good presidential candidate
Quote by scheck006
Then I'll have to think you're pretty much a complete idiot.

Average UGer =/= good presidential candidate

uh huh, cos you're opinion matters to me.

Look, ofcourse the averate UGer would not make a good president but i think they could do better on key issues.

And hell, why can't they take the piss out of Bush?
Quote by blynd_snyper
And hell, why can't they take the piss out of Bush?

Because, to be perfectly honest, it isn't really that funny
I love how people like to think of Bush as some kind of mentally impaired ape. I'm not big on many of his decisions either, but the man is human and he has reasons for what he's doing. I'm sure most people here aren't getting top-notch advice and information from the top military staff in the country. Nope. You're getting a comedian who "reports" news and makes fun of it. Hell, even HE makes fun of how uninformative his show is, and yet his fans take it as a true and fair political outtake, and he himself passes himself off as some sort of democratic, leftist golden child among a crowd of stupid republicans.

And screw the kid who refuses to watch the State of the Union and yet thinks he has the knowledge to be able to criticize it. Just don't say anything if that's the case. I swear this Green Day trend is really a problem...
Dead soldier! Go now to Valhalla!
Quote by Gman400
I love how people like to think of Bush as some kind of mentally impaired ape. I'm not big on many of his decisions either, but the man is human and he has reasons for what he's doing. I'm sure most people here aren't getting top-notch advice and information from the top military staff in the country. Nope. You're getting a comedian who "reports" news and makes fun of it. Hell, even HE makes fun of how uninformative his show is, and yet his fans take it as a true and fair political outtake, and he himself passes himself off as some sort of democratic, leftist golden child among a crowd of stupid republicans.

If he's not an idiot, then he's evil. I think it's more so that we want him to be a mentally impaired ape, because then the devastation he's caused and the mass amounts of lives lost because of him [indirectly] wasn't deliberately done by him.

Though seriously, he completely fails at grammar and speech.
لا إله إلا الله محمد رسول الله
Quote by AzureNight
Though seriously, he completely fails at grammar and speech.

Well look at ozzy osbourne. He's got a speech problem but he's not....

Ok bad example.
Oooooooooooo Canada........
Does anyone ever make fun of the Prime Minister?
Warwick 4-string
not a rockbass
a Warwick
Quote by Dirk Gently
So he was more right when 80% of the country agreed with him?

Answer:

NO. The American people are generally ignorant of everything besides what it takes for them to do their jobs and live their day-to-day lives, afraid of change, and react negatively to things they aren't familiar with or don't understand. They generally don't have closely-held beliefs and change their political opinions like they change their underwear. That's why "approval ratings" can fluxuate from day-to-day, let alone month-to-month. Bush was just as bad a president on 9/12/01 when he had an 85% approval rating as he was on 9/10/01 when he had a 40% approval rating. Just because the American people oppose or support an idea doesn't mean the idea is either wrong or right. If the American people are always right, there would still be de jure racism in the US, maybe even slavery. If the majority of American people are always right, gays deserve as little protection and as few rights as possible because they're an abomination.

Great Post

But to add to that ,i'd say with what has been happening lately,more and more amercians are actually paying attention to world issues .
Wolv
Last edited by Thedarkwolf at Jan 11, 2007,
The american people are raised to believed they are never lied to or cheated, and that nothing can hurt them. But in reality, only reson anything is done is for money. This country is all about money, the war is putting lots of money in some1s pocket. We go to a country and try to change the way they have lived for thousands of years, and when they go against us we make it seem like they are the bad guys and kill them. Heres something short and easy for you all to understand

America [big business] (we like money) -- Iraq (has oil that America can make money with)

America [big business] trys to change Iraq and its way of belief so we can use oil, we also rape country. Iraq gets pissed as would America if another contry did this to us. This causes terrorist to attact America. America [big business] then makes it look like they are the bad guys and not us, so American people are for a war. So we go to war with country and try to change them even MORE. WE ****ED OURSELVES PEOPLE. ITS NOT THEM ITS US!!!!! ITS US.... YES THATS RIGHT ITS US, we did this to ourselves...
www.Savetoby.com

Help Save Toby By Clicking Link Above!!!!!
Oh get over it. All these little forum rants do is make you think you are helping somewhat and let you sleep at night. Have you ever done something constructive? Thought not.
i dont see the big deal with whether bush is a good president, or the approval ratings, or any of that crap

all i know is that
WAR = BAD
Member of the Frank Zappa Fan Club, PM deadhead313313

People Wouldn't know good music if it hit them in face
- Frank Zappa

Gear:
Carvin CT3
Digitech GNX3
Peavey Classic 30
President Bush: "Peter. Are you going to ask that question with shades on?"
Peter Wallsten of the Los Angeles Times: "I can take them off."
Bush: "I'm interested in the shade look, seriously."
Wallsten: "All right, I'll keep it, then."
Bush: "For the viewers, there's no sun."
Wallsten: "I guess it depends on your perspective."
Bush: "Touche.
--an exchange with legally blind reporter Peter Wallsten, to whom Bush later apologized, Washington, D.C., June 14, 2006 (Watch video clip)
He waved to Stevie Wonder at the Republican National Convention.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by JesusOfSbrbia
Oh, yeah, definitely Billie Joe says Bush is a bad man, and I believe him because he is hawt and he is teh shredzor!

I've hated Bush since 2000, and I've been listening to Green Day since '02 or '03, so... Whatever.

Bush deals in the politics of hate... Even before the Iraq War and before 9/11, there were plenty of reasons to dislike that guy. Now he's exactly the same, but with a bit more blood on his hands and money in his pockets.

Is that true? If that's true, then that's one of the funniest things I've heard today

What reason did you have to hate him in 2000?
MG Free At Last