Hi, so im getting lots of buzz out of my strat (i play next to a tv and computer after all), so i decided to get noiseless pickups. I was thinking a hot noiseless in the bridge, with vintage noiseless ones at the neck. Any suggestions? I'd like to keep this on pickups that are noiseless, because thats why i'm getting them anyways, i hate all that buzz playing by my tv and computer (especially with distortion!). I'd also like to keep this within what guitar center has in stock, becuase i have a 130$ gift card to there.

thanks.
GC should have Fender Vintage Noiseless and Hot Vintage Noiseless pickups.

Though they won't eliminate all the buzz near things like TVs and computer monitors because thsoe put off very strong electro-magnetic fields. My Lace Sensors and humbuckers hum if I get to close to stuff like that (when it's on).

Just figured I'd warn you that it'll only dull the problem rather than eliminate it.
would a noise gate help?
my humble gears:

Ibanez Prestige RG1570 with EVOS!!!
Epiphone Std LesPaul with PAFs

EVJ -> 1960av
EHX Metal Muff, Big Muff, Small Clone
Ibanez WD7, VOX V847, OD-3, BLT slap echo

FIRST Member #11 of the EHX Users Guild
so youd be willing to spent hundreds of dollars on new pickups than by moving your guitar to a different spot away from your tv?
Quote by fernando-64
so youd be willing to spent hundreds of dollars on new pickups than by moving your guitar to a different spot away from your tv?

I laf'd
nah, not hundreds. Atleast just 1 pickup now, so i can atleast play in some peace & quiet. I've got a gift card to guitar center anyways.
And this room is the only place in the house i can play, its either there, or the kitchen or the living room, where everyone watches tv. (excluding bath/bedrooms of course). I tried moving my rig around the room, but nothings really helping. I've got it sheilded and everything.
So noiseless pickups wouldn't help signals from a computer and such?
Save up and buy a new house instead.
It's true, this stuff I make up.
~Dom~
how about just moving your guitar away from the TV, or switch the TV off or unplug it when you play
I gave rock n' roll to you

Anti-thayer
hmm...i think that helped a little! But there's no way to change the pickups and have the hum lower? IE: Would noiseless pickups help some of the hum that im getting from a tv/computer?
i dont think noiseless pickups will help you that much. noiseless pups just dont have the 60 cycle hum. they still might pick up any other signals when you are around your comp and tv.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Save up and buy a new house instead.

haha
-Fender American Deluxe Jazz Bass
-Tech 21 Sansamp RBI
-Mesa Powerhouse 212
-Fender Bassman 410
-Tons of other bass/guitar gear

FAST MELODIC PUNK! CHECK OUT MY BAND!
therowleyestate.bandcamp.com
But if i turn off the tv, the computer moniter (not the tower), then that should cut down alot? Anything else that contributes to buzzing?
get hot noiseless for neck and middle.
get a vintage for the bridge
hot is too hot for the bridge for me.
i got a hot noiseless set btw...
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard
And how is the noiseless part? Does it live up to its name? Please describe, thanks!
And yeah, i was planning on a setup like that, maybe a vintage in the middle.
well yea man
no duh its noiseless.
if u have the mexican standard strat, u'll be blown away by the difference.
i play in front of the comp, and i couldn't stand the hum lol
but yea it does live up to its name.
it adds bit more tone and a stronger mid in my opinion.
noisegates + mexi pickups =/= noiseless pickups
simply for the sound it gives. iono if ur guitar is same as mine... but i recommend it
Call me "Shot".

ShotRod Guitar Works

Custom Hand-wired Amplifiers and Effect Pedals.

Est. 2007

Source to everything I say about Guitars, Pedals, and Amplifiers: I make them.

UG's Best DIY PedalBoard