song i did recently. It lacks structure, but thats something I like about it. Suggestions appreciated.
Attachments:
Beyond the Encasing Flames.zip
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
Not bad. Sounded a bit metalcore-influenced, and kind of In Flames-style with the riffing.
Some parts were good, some not as good. But the acoustic intro I didn't really like. Not that it was crap, just kind of boring.
Wonderful... nothing bad to say at all... love it
Ibanez Xiphos 7 String
Carvin V3 Head
Randall RH300G3
Randall 2x12-1x15 Straight Cab
Randall 4x12 V30's Angles Cab
thanks dude. thats probably the best comment i've gotten on a song so far. I'll be sure to crit yours
Quote by Killian5-0
I was looking at a friend of mines baby that was just born and I said "He's younger than me"

Quote by Rocker_geek
nexteyenate you win
Linux
hmm.. it was very interesting. it sounded very good, but like you said, it lacked structure. It just kinda seemed like random stuff to me, but it still sounded very nice. and i loved the acoustic intro, very nice. Could your crit mine if you get a chance? https://www.ultimate-guitar.com/forum/showthread.php?t=502836
Ibanez RGA 121
Ibanez RG3EX1
Some sort of Marshall Stack
Ibanez Weeping Demon
Little POD thing

Plagued Paradise
I wasnt sure about the original acoustic intro, but it sounds far better with the chords in it. It sounds better distorted, but I'm not sure of the drums go with it very well (Bars 10-13)? The bass on 16-19 is very good, and it seems to make the drum beat work better. The little guitar leads are very good, especially 26-29. The bass on 30-31 reminds me of Cliff Burton, which can only be good. I'm not sure if the slow down bit works very well though, or the solo after it, but the rhythm is good, so it defini9tely has potential. Possibly find a way to slow down the distorted bit, then end it, have a bit of silence, and then bring the acoustic bit back in? At the minute it doesnt flow very well, and seems to come in abruptly. As someone else said it just needs a little bit of tightening (not much though, as you said the lack of structure is good), but just enough that it doesnt seem like random riffs put together.
"Their fate is in each others hands as they decide whether to share... or to shaft"
Robert Kilroy-Silk from his sadly shortlived quiz-show Shafted.

Member Number 7 of the Frank Zappa Appreciation Club. PM chocolatguitar to join.