My math teacher bugs me extremely, on this basis

he gives 3 grades on hw assignments, 0,10, 20

depending on how good he think you did, Work shown, etc. on average i spend an hour+ on his assignments, and most of them come back with a big ole red 10 on them, which means i have around a 60% in his class

is that lame, or is it just me
well is the work right? as your teacher about it. i'm sure he'll justify it for you.
Quote by Man_In_The_Box
learn some green day. they are totally brutal.
Maybe you could just do the work better next time? Or you could talk to him about why you are getting only 10s.
GEAR

Epiphone Elitist Les Paul Standard Plus
Marshall JCM 800 half stack
what grade are you in?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
Quote by vivalasoad883
no its like, if he sees a few mistakes or whatever, he automatically drops it down to a 10, im not saying im perfect.. just..

I repeat: what grade are you in?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
yea, dude, ur math teacher is a ****ing retard. i didnt teachers could be that stupid and gay. i thought my theology teacher was bad, giving us rules if we r 2 watch something on the tv and shit, now is that lame or what?
Quote by vivalasoad883
no its like, if he sees a few mistakes or whatever, he automatically drops it down to a 10, im not saying im perfect.. just..maybe little slow i guess

Get a tutor then.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
wow, you're in high school and that's the "grading scale" your teacher uses? that's pathetic. How long has he been teaching?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

i don't know. he could very well be retarded. i hear they'll let anyone be a teacher these days.

</sarcasm>

just ask him what the problem is. it'll show that you're trying to improve, which will probably make him more likely to give you better grades.
Quote by vivalasoad883
9th

For fucks sake, don't say 9th, say freshman, son.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
freshman?

it'd be a good idea to figure this out now and start getting respectable grades soon. your gpa is a bitch to raise if you start out freshman year badly.
Quote by evilchuck
Your in grade 9 and their still checking your homework???

What would be the purpose of giving you homework and not checking it? What place doesnt check it.
Quote by vivalasoad883
20+ years

hes got all these degrees and shite

that's a rediculous grading scale. What percent of your grade does your homework count for?
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

my spanish teacher automatically takes 4% off of every assignment because she's paranoid that everyone is cheating. Which they are, but she doesnt catch them, so i dont think that she should take my grade down (im getting a 91.99% out of 96, thats a B in that class!!! ) now thats retarded. but the principal is with her on it, so it doesnt change.

oh and i dont cheat.
Quote by chickenfire315
my spanish teacher automatically takes 4% off of every assignment because she's paranoid that everyone is cheating. Which they are, but she doesnt catch them, so i dont think that she should take my grade down (im getting a 91.99% out of 96, thats a B in that class!!! ) now thats retarded. but the principal is with her on it, so it doesnt change.

oh and i dont cheat.

you should probably start then
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by danilo19
What would be the purpose of giving you homework and not checking it? What place doesnt check it.

most of my teachers don't check. and if you actually do homework it helps you understand the material. it "facilitates the learning process" as my sophomore math teacher said.
Quote by vivalasoad883
30%

the only reaon i dont have a failing grade is because the tests weigh something like 60% and those, he grades the "right" way

you should definitely talk to him about it, and ask him why you aren't getting 20s. Maybe you're just making careless mistakes or something.
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
You sir have no penis

Quote by karlh07
freshman?

it'd be a good idea to figure this out now and start getting respectable grades soon. your gpa is a bitch to raise if you start out freshman year badly.

gpa...freshman year...

i think not....
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Quote by karlh07
i don't know. he could very well be retarded. i hear they'll let anyone be a teacher these days.

</sarcasm>

just ask him what the problem is. it'll show that you're trying to improve, which will probably make him more likely to give you better grades.

They do let anybody be a teacher these days. My roomies have a 1.5 and 1.8 GPAs, they changed from biomedical engineering and physical therapy, respectively.
Have you ever went to put on a pair of underwear, but there weren't any, so you started runnin around the house flailin your arms while nude?
Quote by lobster624
gpa...freshman year...

i think not....

are you serious?

just because you don't pay attention to it in the 9th grade doesn't mean that it's not important. every grade in high school goes into that gpa.
Last edited by karlh07 at Jan 10, 2007,
Quote by karlh07
are you serious?

just because you don't pay attention to it in the 9th grade doesn't mean that it's not important.

what are you saying...?

well i know in my school gpa's don't start until sophomore year. freshman year is graded the same way as middle school for the most part. the only difference is that colleges see your freshman grades but they don't count towards your gpa or anything
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Quote by lobster624
what are you saying...?

well i know in my school gpa's don't start until sophomore year. freshman year is graded the same way as middle school for the most part. the only difference is that colleges see your freshman grades but they don't count towards your gpa or anything

ah. there's the misunderstanding. in my school, and most of the ones in ohio, you don't see your gpa till sophomore year but the grades you recieve freshman year still count.
with my science teacher you either get 100% or if he sees anything wrong u get 0
My maths teacher is adamant that maths came before earth, he gets really defensive if you argue with him. Plus he gets really excited over circles, and how mathematically correct they are.
My black friend james, gets in trouble a lot with him, and we were doing a experiment with rice and he got it all over his desk, so the maths teacher guy comes over looks at the desk with disappointment
"How come i am not surprised?" then out of nowhere i went
"Because your racist" got same major kudos that day.

ONtopic: Your maths teacher grading system seems weird to me, but i am english, so i don't know what grade nine is? Is that in the 15-16 age range.
Quote by Malakian88
Oh my bloody god. Imagine if you were a girl and you woke up to find your little brother's friend standing over you with his erect penis on your breasts...

Indeed.
dude thats ****ed up. my teacher is an retard cuz like ill do the hmwk but like all the naughty kids she will pay attention to but all the good kids she wont..well im a good kid so some nights i dont do my hmwk and she wont check mine