Poll: Do you have your first pick?
Poll Options
View poll results: Do you have your first pick?
Yes.
65 42%
No.
63 41%
WTF!?!?!? FIRST PICK?!?!?!....no
25 16%
Voters: 153.
Page 1 of 2
i was wondering how many people still have their first pick. i've noticed a lot of people on UG who say they do so i thought is it really that special? i don't have my first pick...and i don't even remember what kind it was. if you've only been playing for a month or something don;t respond becasue chances are you do....
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Quote by Teh Traineez0rz
Mine came with my squier. It was a pretty shit pick, very stiff.

lol... must be shitty
-JP
my cousin game me my first pick. It's an uber thick Big Stubby, and I never played with it. Instead I drilled a whole in it and put it on a chain, so I can wear it as a necklace
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
no way.. ive been playing for 5 years, and the longest I have kept the same pick is about 4 months, and thats only because I taped it to my wallet.... and i just lost it last week... and it was my moms... from like 30 years ago.... (separation anxiety now...)
Quote by Aceroth
my cousin game me my first pick. It's an uber thick Big Stubby, and I never played with it. Instead I drilled a whole in it and put it on a chain, so I can wear it as a necklace

i noticed a lot of people say they wear their first pick on a necklace...
[22:33] ben: Yesterday I was gonna eat a shitload of candy but I forgot.
Well I dont have MY first pick, but at Joe Satriani's LA show (Wiltern) I caught the pick he used to play Mystical Potatohead Groove Thing. Its on my wall lol.
Quote by Neil_
i cant keep a pick for a week

Yeah. But you end up finding it 6 months later behind the couch anyways.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Quote by lobster624
i noticed a lot of people say they wear their first pick on a necklace...

yep. It's quite handy too, cuz then females are like "oh, you play guitar?" and I'm like "yeah, wanna f*ck?"

then they slap me
Quote by Virgil_Hart05
Quote by Somarriba15
yeah, gamecube sucks, they only have baby games, like mario
You sir have no penis

Official Second Member of the "Using gay as an insult proclaims your idiocy" club. PM jesusgonewrong to join.
Also, I was at an Yngwie Concert, and he threw a pick out into the crowd, and I went for it, and right as I looked to the ground a guy through a punch at me, yelled "ITS MINE" and gave me a kidney shot. People are crazy for picks.
Quote by KaLiStO
lol... must be shitty

Did you just imply that I deposit a guitar pick in my anus?!?!?!?!

unoit.
yo.

I BELIEVE
Mine came with my USED Squier haha. It was like extra heavy and plain green.
My first pick was a medium sized Tortoise Johnson pick that came with my first guitar, some green Johnson Strat copy. I broke it about 2 months of playing it, then I threw it out :/

The longest pick I've kept though was a Epiphone pick that was in my grandparents basment forever, I had it for 8 months, then one day it just disappeared, lot of memories in that pick (I guess...?)

Man now that I think of it, I want my first guitar back :<. I sold it for a a Squier P-Bass... which I just sold for a Maestro 12-string (awesome guitar). Selling my first guitar for a bass that I didn't even use was probably the dumbest decision I ever made
Last edited by Blash at Jan 10, 2007,
I haven't lost any fingers yet, but I am bound to seeing how much I play with fireworks

Oh...did I mention I play finger style?
i cant keep up with a pick for a few hours...i just like lay them down and they go into the zone of no return for picks man
paco's pink tacos home of the dirty sanchez
I remember the first batch of picks I had were white, and I rarely see any white picks anymore.
Quote by Necrophagist777

I agree, i always help people up. At the last show we all protected this little kid who was tying his shoe in the middle of the pit.

http://www.mylot.com/?ref=Phase3
My first one was my Dad's, and it was his first pick too (from 1960something), which I broke in my first hour of playing. I was scared that he'd be pissed, so I hid it in my clothes drawers.

Aaand, yup. It's still there.
I keep losing mine.
And finding them in random places (eg: behind the toilet, inside the guitar..)
███
██████████
███████████
██████
████████
i found a pick in the shower drain
paco's pink tacos home of the dirty sanchez
I lost my first pick ages ago, but it sucked because it was a really thin and large triangle shaped one. So I don't really care.
yup, still got mine. dont use it to play anymore, but kinda as a reminder of how far ive gotten since my first day. brings my confidence up. ive been playing for 6 months by the way so stilll not that long but hey I think ive gotten far for that long. how many 6 monthers you know can play the Cemetary Gates solo? ( 1st and ending solo ).

So yeah confidence. just to have something to strive for really. plus its just fun as hell
yea i got mine but its all melted

i like fire
Got bored left. Got bored where I went away to. Came back.
Hell no, I put a pick in the most obvious space and still manage to lose it.

My goal is to have enough picks to where all I have to do is look at the floor when Im ready to play and pick up a pick
Random Metal-X fact:

Metal-X now sponsors: Blood Culprit!

"Ass Fuckingly Loud"

\m/^_^\m/ New Songs Up!!! \m/^_^\m/
i want a barrel full of picks that would be cool
Got bored left. Got bored where I went away to. Came back.
i am currently on to my second of three picks that came with my squier strat pack, not because i lost the first one, but because i wore it out and it got round.

i hanestly dont understand why people complain about losing picks, i have every single pick i have ever owned.
Vocals Wanted For:
Tool-Sober, Aenema
Led Zeppelin-The Ocean
Audioslave-Cochise
Sublime-Santeria
Rush-Tom Sawyer, Fly By Night, Limelight
Assorted Original Acoustics

PM if interested
the first pick i ever used was about 2 mm thick, inflexible, and impossible for a beginner to use. so no, i said "**** this shit, i need to find me a new one" I didn't. the first 3 months i played bare thumb, and developed quite the callous.
Quote by esther_mouse
...bingo. signaturisation. like burnination, only even more flamey.

Worth listening to
My first pick was a completely black one with the word "Fallacy" on it in Gold, with the F in a sort of mirrored font, I really liked it. Strangely enough I found it in my bathroom, and no one in my family plays guitar o_O

Anyway I lost it.
Quote by Jesus Himself Christ
You know, you're one pretty cool guy, Kylster.

Please click this and critique some little ditties I done madeified myselfins!
my first pick is the pick from the bass guitarist in the greatest aussie band "Cold Chisel" and no, jimmy barnes is not a guitarist. i will lose it occasionally (quite a lot) but it always appears when i dont expect it
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
Even if I did want to keep it, I don't think it would have taken long for it to go missing.
Quote by gflip69
Someone called me on my landline (home phone) and asked me where I was.
No. The first pick I had, I think, was one of those red-blue-white spotted Fender thins. And I don't use thins any more, I use mediums. Not too thin, not too thick.
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
There should be a maybe... cos the pack I got cam ewith 3 picks and I've still got one of 'em...
Page 1 of 2