For those guitarists that have "hit the wall" and can't seem to progress any further, you might find the following DVD course of benefit. It really fills in the gaps, and is designed for both Rank Beginners and intermediates alike.
If you are sick of stumbling in the dark, and are after an affordable way to learn, I suggest you take a look at it. It is good for busy people who find setting time aside for tuition difficult, as you can now do it in the comfort of your won home, and at times that best suit you.
It covers the following topics, and starts off easily, and slowly adds new concepts, in amounts that are easy to achieve, but at the same time is rewarding.
* Starting Off right
* Reading Music & notes on the 1st & 2nd String
* Notes on the 3rd & 4th String
* Notes on the 5th & 6th Strings
* Basic Open Chords
* Minor 7th and Suspended Chords
* Barre Chords on the six string
* Barre Chords on the 5th sting
* Secrets to great strumming
* Fingerstyle Guitar
* Pentatonic Scales
* Advanced CHords
* Playing Blues
* Giving you playing some style
* Electric Guitars, the heart of rock
* Advanced Strumming
* Going beyond the 1st position
* All the chords you need to know
The system includes:
* 10 x DVD's
* 5 x Jam Along CD's
* Lesson Book
* Quality Binder to hold your resources
If you encounter problems along the way, the teacher himself, Steve Krenz, will assist you personally via the private members only forum, which is quite rare these days, they usually don't want to know you after they have got your money.
Anyway, check it out and see for yourself, I wouldn't recommend it if it was crap.
Last edited by DJaye at Jan 10, 2007,
EDIT: My bad, I thought this was the "Electric Guitar" forum.