Page 1 of 2
So who else is a fan? Mitch Hedberg's been my all-time favorite comedian ever since I saw his Comedy Central special when I was 11, and it was a real loss when he died. I think his material is great, and it doesn't rely so much on swearing or profanity, so it translates well onto basic cable. Mitch's death was even more of a tragedy because I read he was working on his first HBO special, which was one of his dreams as a comedian...

"Mr. Pibb is a replica of Dr Pepper, but it's a bullshit replica, 'cause dude didn't even get his degree."

"When I was a boy, I laid in my twin-size bed, wondering where my brother was."

"If you find yourself lost in the woods, **** it, build a house. "Well, I was lost, but now I live here. I have severely improved my predicament!" - RIP Mitch
Seen his stand up, but don't really remember it, he always seemed like he was ****ed up on something though..... sucks to know that he's dead, I didn't even know before I read this thread
he did die from a drug overdose i believe. but he was a great comedian.
GAS List:
Nothing
"i used to do drugs... and i still do"

i love him. He was fantastic.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Probably the best jokes I've ever heard, but I didn't care for his actual performance.
Kind of nominated for Best Retired User.

Skepto > Oxygen
"When I used to trip on acid, I would see things, like bright beams of light, and I would hear things that sounded a lot like car horns."
Mitch Hedberg is hilarious; my favourite comic.
Quote by crazydiamond73
You, my friend, are a genius.
funniest comic ever, rip
"I used to do drugs, I still do, but I used to too"
"Man I wish I could go back to little league, Id be way better then before"
"My friend asked me if I wanted a frozen banana, I said no, but I would like a regular banana later, so yea"
"my fake plants died because i forgot to pretend to water them"

"this is totally gonna blow my cover, but i love the FedEx man cause he's a drug dealer and he doesn't even know it."

two of my personal favorites.
^forgot that one!! that one is awesome. i also believe i heard something about how playing with a slinky on an escalator provides endless fun.
I wanna see a forklift lift a bunch of forks....that'd be so damn literal!
interesting fact
I was gonna go to the show that mitch all together was recorded at in minnesota, unfortuantely didn't get tickets fast enough : (
LISTEN TO MONSTER MAGNET
I LOVE MITCH HEDBERG! I can recite his entire "Mitch All Together" album from front to back. He is amazing! RIP!

"Happy now, ya ****in X?"

"What the **** is a sesame? We never give it a chance... It's a street. And a way to... open... shit."

"I was saved by the bouyancy of lime."

"You guys on the 14th floor, you know what floor you're really on. 'I'm in room 1401.'
'No you're not! Jump out the window - you will die earlier."

TOO GOOD!
Last edited by fluffylump2 at Jan 11, 2007,
That guy is awesome, me and my sister quote him heavily in all situations.

"He said, 'Hey, you got a lot of nerve', I said 'Hey, you got a lot of cranium accessories.' You guys are a smart audience. For my dumb audience, I have to say, 'You got a lot of shit on your head'."
<ter> quote me!
<alex> dont quote ter

<Barry> joe striani? is that the guy from the who?

Top Samurai of UG's Unofficial MST3K fan club, PM tossup to join

Quote by ss311
10/10 you gloriously peculiar chatter Voltan rocks.

Quote by deluxity
that's hot voltan
he's the greatest comedian imo. He did something new, fresh, and different compared to other comedians. Was real sad when I read the news about him dying
It's odd.. the reason I got into him was because, before I even heard of him, quite a few people told me "You would love Mitch Hedberg, you have the same sense of humour."

Quite a few people list funny as one of my top attributes. It's true.. the kind of random remarks I make in real life are like.. a much underdeveloped Mitch Hedberg. Mind you, that's actually a point for uniqueness.

I can never get any humour to come through if I think of the joke in advance, or online.. only when something is happening in front of me can I suddenly formulate something amusing.
Mitch is totally awesome. It is indeed a real shame he died. One of my favourite jokes of his is the Smacky the frog bit....If you're a fan you'll know what im talking about.

R.I.P Mitch.
Setup:

Carvin 747 Custom 7-string Electric with blue flamed maple top

Line 6 Spider II 112 75watt
Mitch Hedberg's my favorite comedian

"Im sick of following my dreams, I'll just ask them where theyre goin and hook up with them later" I quote that all the time

I cant believe he was gonna make an HBO special, that would've been so great RIP
I loved Mitch's comedy, but then he went and killed himself like an idiot right when he was getting famous.
#21 OF THE NON-CONFORMIST CLUB
Zukev: He didn't kill himself! he died from a drug overdose. and its not the same thing
He my favourite comedian and the onyl one I find genuinley funny on all occasions. I quote him a lot too and I've managed to say one or two jokes in his style without realising it...I was just trying to be funny, and I succeeded. You know, my friend said hey is that Mitch hedburg?

And I said, no he's dead - because I hadn't realised he was asking about the joke I had previosly told him.
" my friend told me that i would have to sleep on the floor and i was like damn i wannted to sleep on the wall. damn gravity got me again"
Raise Your Hand If you Like:

3 inches of blood
Amon Amarth
Coheed and Cambria
Death Cab For Cutie
Every Time I Die
I Killed the Prom Queen
In Flames
Pride Tiger

My cousins band from Vancouver-NWOBCHM- myspace.com/scarstruckmetalband
Quote by Siftings
Zukev: He didn't kill himself! he died from a drug overdose. and its not the same thing

Yeah it is, its not like someone crammed the drugs down his throat.
#21 OF THE NON-CONFORMIST CLUB
Mitch was awesome he completley kills dane cook but not many people have heard of him
Quote by Zukev
Yeah it is, its not like someone crammed the drugs down his throat.

there's a difference between consciously deciding to kill yourself and accidently OD'ing on something. Nobody says they want to die like that when they first take drugs, and everyone makes mistakes. I dont think it's fair to lump drug-related deaths with actual suicides because for all you know, they genuinely wanted to live but couldn't get over their addiction. Taking drugs is stupid but its not the same as deciding to abandon your loved ones forever and just kill yourself
i love the mailman, hes a drug dealer and he dont even know it
Fender Standard American Stratocaster
Boss DS-1
Budda Budwah
Electroharmonix Small Clone
Vox AD50VT
Quote by TimmyPage06
It's odd.. the reason I got into him was because, before I even heard of him, quite a few people told me "You would love Mitch Hedberg, you have the same sense of humour."

Quite a few people list funny as one of my top attributes. It's true.. the kind of random remarks I make in real life are like.. a much underdeveloped Mitch Hedberg. Mind you, that's actually a point for uniqueness.

I can never get any humour to come through if I think of the joke in advance, or online.. only when something is happening in front of me can I suddenly formulate something amusing.

...good for you
I never heard of this guy until I read this thread. I went to youtube and watch his special. He was a really funny guy. I enjoyed his act. Its sad that he has died.
Sat in a lab, curing diseases. They actually LET me play with chemicals!
I like Rice. rice is great if you're hungry and want 2000 of something.

That one was on a comedy central preview, though. For anyone who didn't know who he was, but saw the add.

I slept over my friends house once and she said I had to sleep on the floor. I said, damn gravity! Got me down again. You know how bad I want to sleep on the walls!

And finally,

Ducks love bread, but they do not have the ability to go out and buy a loaf. And that is hte biggest joke on ducks.

Quote by deathbyawesome
i love the mailman, hes a drug dealer and he dont even know it

It's the fedEx guy. lolol
Quote by Metal-X
Baked Potatoes!

<3
All matter is merely energy condensed to a slow vibration. We our all one consciousness experiencing itself subjectively. There's no such thing as death, life is only a dream and we our the imagination of ourselves.
"hey man, you want a frozen banana?"
"no, but i do want a regular banana later.....so yes."

"i went to the store to buy a candle holder, but they didn't have any, so i bought a cake."

hes SO GOOD....too bad he's dead. RIP mitch hedberg
Quote by SeveralSpecies
Btw, I don't spell it doughnut, because that spells duff-nut.
Page 1 of 2