Ok well ive been playing guitar for about 6 months and i want a new guitar. I see mexican strats and American strats, Mexicans have maple necks and Americans are more expensive and dont.

which one should i go for.
i have a mexican strat and i like it just fine...also i like the sound and appearance of maple necks, are you thinking that it is a drawback?
if u have the money then get an american. mexican strats are more low end, americans r the hghest quality fenders around
american is much better, wont lose its value, will be able to sell it later on very close to original price. I have a mexican but because its a backup, I'm not much of a fender fan.
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
and FLrhcpEA is wrong, Japanese fenders are the highest quality fenders around, but they are extremely rare and expensive.
Warrior Generation X Double Cutaway - EMG 85's
Schecter C1 Classic - ZW EMG's
Fender Strat - DG20 EMG's
Yamaha Acoustic-Electric
Metal Zone
Roland Cube 60
BIG STUBBIES!
etc.
See, i want a maple neck i hear good things about them, but to get one on a fender would cost mucho $$$, and the fact that im left handed doesnt make it any cheeper...
I would go with a mexican. I love mine and have played both the American and Mexican. You cant beat the Mexican strat for the price.
Fender Strat Roland Ready Edition
Martin D-16GT Acoustic
Fender Cyber Twin Amp
Marshall G50R CD Amp
My Myspace Music
if you've only been playing 6 months and want a new guitar, im assuming you play a squier... maple necks are very nice, mexican strats are nice too, if thats what you want and don't wanna shell out the money for american then go for it, i love my maple neck mexican strat with the chrome red finish
im gonna get the classic burst finish

and yeah i play a squire, i shelled out like 350$ for it about 3 years ago, just never got serious playing till this year. Ive been playing drums for about 10 years and have a home recording studio though, so im no new musician. Im new here. and man do yall reply fast!
Quote by Andras5soul
and FLrhcpEA is wrong, Japanese fenders are the highest quality fenders around, but they are extremely rare and expensive.

please do some research... japanese fenders are NOT the highest quality fenders..

y not just buy an american fender with a maple neck.. mexican fender has nothing against american fenders.. the wood is completely different
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
some american fenders have maple necks so i dont know ur confused
My Axes:
Gibson Les Paul Custom
Gibson Les Paul Standard
Gibson SG Standard
Fender 52 Telecaster
Fender 62 Stratocaster
Fender American Standard Telecaster
Weather or not to get a strat with a maple fretboard or not doesn't depend on weather or not you're getting a MIM or MIA strat. They both come with the maple fretboard. And with the upgrades they did to the MIM fenders recently, i'd say they're worth the cash you pay for it. I'd just get a MIM strat, but if you want MIA, get a MIA.
Q about tube amps:
Quote by steven seagull
Can I save money by using lightbulbs instead of tubes - will energy saving lightulbs last even longer?

Quote by †øXÍÇ͆¥
I'm not trying to look open minded, in fact I try not to be open minded.
I hate people who are overly open minded.
if you are willing to buy an american strat look into carvin guitars before making a final decision. still, MIM strats are really good for the money, especially the 2006 models.
2006 Fender Deluxe Players Strat w/ Stephens Design Mojo pickups
Gibson SG Special
Carvin DC727 w/ Bareknuckle Nailbomb 7 and CWP 7
Mesa Boogie Mark IV head
Mesa Boogie 2x12 Cab MC90/EV200w

VP of Carvin Club but call me Il Duce
Just so you know, nearly all Strats have a maple neck, but some have a rosewood (dark) fretboard, and some have a maple (light) fretboard. I have a MIA Strat with a maple fretboard, I think it looks better, but it is up to you. If you have the money to shell out for a MIA Strat, that's great. However, I would recommend, instead of paying $950 for an MIA Strat, that you buy a MIM Strat and also a new amp. The amp is as important, perhaps even more important, in consideration to tone.
-Fender American Series Stratocaster
-Fender Hot Rod Deluxe Amp

Rock, Jazz, Blues, and Funk
Quote by Andras5soul

WRONG japanese fender's are not rare i just came back from japan there are many fender's they are good too better then mexican's ones ard the same as US ones
Plenty of american fenders have maple necks. Americans are better quality. Hence the price. You get what you pay for in this life.
Private guitar lessons available in West London, UK with an experienced and qualified tutor. Most subjects/styles covered. PM me for more information.
Quote by Andras5soul

You're not serious are you? Japanese are rare but aren't high end, just the older guitars are worth some money but so are the american and even more.

Go for the American. And when you ask the difference between them: the same as between a squier and a mexican.
thread starter.

there are standard MIM for abour $400. with and without a humbucker in the bridge.
there are at least 12 models including a Highway 1 model,
between the MExican made and the MIA standard model.

you can get maple boards, rosewood boards, stock pickups, texas pickups, vintage pickups with S-1 switching, vintage trems and tuners, C, and V shaped necks, nitro finish, and many many other options.

you need to post the type of music u like to play.
the amp ur using now.
if ur going to use this for gigging.
and budget, if there is any.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Man we can't choose for you. Play the mim and the mia yourself and see what you get. I got a mia dluxe strat, love it. I have the rosewood neck, and i have played a maple neck. Maple necks are just alittle dryer to me and i'm kinda used to the rose wood. But for my opinion get the mia.
I think Jenny's advice was the best. There are lots of options, and just asking Mexican vs American Strat is gonna get such a debate going, one down to personal preference. More information would be helpful. Maple or Rosewood neck should be a side issue.