i think its great, it sucks making 5.15. i think the price of everything will probably go up...but whatever....what do you all think.
Officer Nole07 of the U.G.P.D

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
Is it going to be $7.25 or something like that?
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
econmically its not the best option; it will benifit people in the long run, but realistically it will cause more unemployment for a while becuase of a shortage of job positions that it would create. (econmics stand point, read up on it)
if they raise the price of everything accordingly..i dont think it will cause that much unemployment. if they do do this...they seriously need to crack down on the illegals willing to work for like 3 bucks an hour and get them out or something and also crack down on business owners for hiring them.
Officer Nole07 of the U.G.P.D

Quote by rockybo
Honestly, it doesn't bother me in the slightest. So some moron put evidence of me exposing her stupidity in her signature, why should I care?
Quote by Nole07
if they raise the price of everything accordingly..i dont think it will cause that much unemployment. if they do do this...they seriously need to crack down on the illegals willing to work for like 3 bucks an hour and get them out or something and also crack down on business owners for hiring them.

rRaising min wage doesnt mean prices on things will rise, inflation causes that. Unemployment would because becuase of the price floor, but in the long run it would work out to the peoples benifit, short run unemployment would occur though. The factor of the illegals would also be a possible variable too, good point.
no one but children mowing lawns make 3 dollars an hour(I would assume the Mexicans building Fords, GMCs, and Dodges down in Mexico are making at least $3 an hour), I might be wrong. My point is that if your not making $7.25 by the time that kicks in(2 years and 60 days,I believe), you don't deserve that much.

P.S. The Senate still has to pass it, and the President has to sign it into law.
by raising the min wage, some companies will drop jobs that would before have been taken by min-wage workers. it doesnt make sense to pay someone $7.25(or whatever it will be) for doing a job worth much less that. and also, the jobs that pay min wage are mostly non-critical positions and therefore can be eliminated. so it will raise unemployment rates. it will effect teens the most. last i read, %80 or so of people who work for min wage are under the age of 23, so its not going to be family men (potentially)loosing jobs.
Quote by shredder13
****ing mexicans. And im half mexican, but im legal and so dont call me racist.

Don't lie. But what the government needs to do is get that wall finished and legalize all the illegal immigrants so they can start paying taxes.
"The rule of law -- it must be held high! And if it falls you pick it up and hold it even higher!" - Hercule Poirot

© Soul Power
Quote by Soul Power
Don't lie. But what the government needs to do is get that wall finished and legalize all the illegal immigrants so they can start paying taxes.

a) whos gonna build the wall?

b) history has shown that walls dont work (great wall of china)

c) it will probably end up being a waste of money

+ i heard that its only gonna be 700 miles long out of the 2,000 mile border
Quote by beadhangingOne
a) whos gonna build the wall?

b) history has shown that walls dont work (great wall of china)

c) it will probably end up being a waste of money

+ i heard that its only gonna be 700 miles long out of the 2,000 mile border

a) whoever the govt hires to do it (probably illegal immigrants, because everyone knows theyre cheap)

b) great wall wasnt about keeping immigrants out

c) not if they hire illegals to build it

+ 700 miles is a lot more effective than 0 miles

anyway, i make $7.00 right now, which im happy with being a student and working part time.