No. Not exactly. Humbuckers don't have that same top end sparkle that single coils do.

A Seymour Duncan SH-3 Stag Mag uses the same kind of magnets as in single coils, so try that, and add a coil split, to get true single coil tone.

You could glue a ferrous metal baseplate to the bottom of the 'bucker, on the non-adjustable side of the 'bucker. This adds more bass response and treble bite...and just make sure the coil that's active when the 'bucker is split is the non adjustable coil. That's part of the secret of Teles, they have that on their bridge pickup.
Quote by FeatherBreeze
is there anything in existence that is a humbucker with country twang?

thanks for being a departure from the norm question wise here!

i really wouldnt know but possibly a minihumbucker.it would be the cleanest single-coilesque bucker available i would think anyway.

problem is if you are lookin to replace a humbucker then the mini is too small...

the P-94 is actually singlecoil but fits in a humbucker routing and that has a nice bite to it.

i would love either a pair of minihumbuckers or P94s in my guitar.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

^the p-94 still isn't quite a singlecoil sound,if i remember rght its between hum and p-90, singles have more of the twang, i think the coil split is the better option. to make sure you get the right coil, connect a voltmeter to the pair of wires you think is right, and then tap a screwdriver's shaft accross the poles of the coil you want to be single, you should get +ve going on, -ve off if they're in phaze, -ve on +ve off out of phaze, nothing if its the wrong wires.

"You're a MESS!"
sorry about not replying sooner, i was away from technology(i have a crazy girlfriend)

the question is asked for the sole reason that I recently purchased an archtop which i use for country and jazz, im planning on putting a benedetto b-6 at the neck and the bridge i wanted twang, maybe a dirty fingers with a metal plate glued to it like forsaknazrael says
opinions?
I don't know much about the Dirty fingers, but my knowledge about it is that it's a fairly high output humbucker, more suited for punk and nu-metal?
I don't think the Dirty Fingers will really do Twangy. I'd stick with the Stag Mag. It's got Alnico II pole pieces, which will get you closer to single coil tone.
And for the plate, Get something like Iron - and then wrap it in electrical tape. Wouldn't want the metal touching anything.
yeah i know P94 wont sound like a strat single,just that if he is replacing a hum thats the best way to go.

i think tom delonge used the dirty fingers pup so i doubt its what your lookin for.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX

Dimarzio Bluesbucker is a bit p-90'ish, but you might consider that more of a "quack" than a "twang"...
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Why not just put two single coils in the humbucker space? Both don't even have to work, you could have one of them just be the cover, and the other be a real single.
Will says:
DON'T FEAR THE REAPER!
- SmarterChild - says:
I don't know if I can help it.

Member #6 of the "I play my guitar as high as Tom Morello does" club