when i turned the computer on today, i noticed that firefox had completely deleted all my bookmarks, as well as most other settings. it was pretty much like it had reinstalled itself.

the other problem is that i can't save bookmarks or a home page. whenever i bring up the "add to bookmarks" box i enter a title, hit ok and it does nothing.

any advice?

this really doesn't matter that much, it's just a bit of an annoyance.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn
I heard Hitler was a pretty good guitarist back in his day...

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
yep, to no avail.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?
if i were a midget...id go masturbate in public because...hey, im a midget and i can get away with anything

Quote by yawn

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Did you upgrade to 2.0?
Gear...
Peavey 5150, Squier, Ibanez RG2EX2, Yamaha F150, Ibanez RT150, MXR noisegate
I've heard lots about this kind of thing happening and I really don't know - it's never happened to me myself.

Try right-clicking on your menu (File, edit, view etc) and see if the 'Bookmarks toolbar' is still checked. It should be.
My name is Marc! Silly username.
might be a corrupted profile - search on google for that, it will prob fix it.
Every inside out badger has a silver lining.
tried everything, including downloading latest, reinstalling, etc.

it's not that much of a biggie, it's just i bookmarked about 15 items (i.e. band shirts, posters etc) that i was going to buy in the near future and now i have to recompile the dang thing without bookmarks. and last time it took half an hour.
Quote by T.S.R.
what?

Quote by yawn

Quote by guitar?
You're a towel.
Tried restarting your PC? Firefox may have just started in a different profile. Sometimes if it crashes, even if you only have 1 profile itll screw up.
I was gonna suggest re-booting. Then it could mount the HDD correctly, and redetect all the temp\bookmark folders and stuff
Cole Clark FL1AC Acoustic

Quote by 2007 Stupidity Awards

Instead of using Valves, could I use Light Bulbs instead? If so, would the new energy saving ones be OK? Coz I do a lot of playing

I got my pick stuck inside my guitar . . . . how am I supposed to get it out?
It's happened to me quite a few times actually. It's a bitch, but next time just make backups of your bookmarks.

Go to the bookmark manager/organizer and export all of them. Do this now and then so you can easily import them next time.
i just downloaded firefox, i heard it was safer and easier to work with. How do you use it? how do you view ur history/ delete it? and can you search your history like on internet explorer

edit: also where does the deleted history go?

Gear:
Ltd Viper-1000 Deluxe
Shittone i mean silvertone revolver
Cube 60

Originally Posted by sendmeapick
you pick squires over gibsons?

thats like michael jackson over jessica alba
Last edited by _guitar_hero_ at Jan 12, 2007,
Quote by les_paul_01
when i turned the computer on today, i noticed that firefox had completely deleted all my bookmarks, as well as most other settings. it was pretty much like it had reinstalled itself.

the other problem is that i can't save bookmarks or a home page. whenever i bring up the "add to bookmarks" box i enter a title, hit ok and it does nothing.

any advice?

this really doesn't matter that much, it's just a bit of an annoyance.

Its done that to me also. It was a good few months back though, and hasn't happened since.
I couldn't find any way to retreive anything lost. You just have to re-collect your bookmarks and passwords.

Quote by _guitar_hero_
i just downloaded firefox, i heard it was safer and easier to work with. How do you use it? how do you view ur history/ delete it? and can you search your history like on internet explorer

edit: also where does the deleted history go?

It is safer, mainly because its not owned by the corporate Whores known as Microsoft.
Anyway, its mainly self explanitory. Pretty much the same buttons as any other browser.
Im not too sure about vieiwing the history, but to delete it you can click "Tools" and then "Clear Private Data" or go into options and search there.
Quote by iHurricaneGTR

Goats are like mushrooms.
When you shoot a duck,
I'm afraid of toasters.

Quote by Avedas
South Korea should have their Starcraft league members double as military strategists.
Last edited by Demonbreed at Jan 12, 2007,