is gwar metal or punk? because almost all of the songs i've heard from gwar are punk so i'm just wondering if they're really metal.
Quote by Instrumetal
Yeah, Thrash.

Mental's post count +1
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
Quote by Pan-Tallica

Metal's post count +1

Fixed.

They be trash, so delete this thread.
Quote by tronsbasscool
This is my 5th account and I still havn't made any friends

My Rig
ESP Viper 1000
Crate RFX120

<//////>~
Hush you, "Mental" is his chat name.
SUPER BOWL XLVIII
D E N V E R B R O N C O S vs. S E A T T L E S E A H A W K S
I thought they were grindcore? Isn't that punk and metal too?
Quote by Pinballwizard93
you sir, Martinikiss7, should be president.

Jizz is where it is
^ No, they're not even close. I don't even think they're thrash. Just regular old metal.
Ride the dragon toward the crimson eye...

Vaginal Destruction

^ Do you like sludgey stoner/doom? Well then you should try Vaginal Destruction
Quote by AMGram
ever seen them live? getting drenched in fake blood is pretty intense

And the fake cum. There was a huge dick on stage spinning around and fan girls clung to it as it shot out..stuff.
Quote by MartiniKiss7
I thought they were grindcore? Isn't that punk and metal too?

Not really. There are many kinds punk and metal hybrids, Grindcore, Metalcore, Thrash Metal, and Crossover Thrash, to name a few. Each has their own sound and how much hardcore punk influences the music depends on the genre, like it has to do with the style of drumming and guitar tuning. Grindcore is like the most extreme form of hardcore punk and is close to death metal in terms of vocal and drumming style, and the songs are usually a few seconds at the least and 2 minutes at the most.
Quote by insideac
And the fake cum. There was a huge dick on stage spinning around and fan girls clung to it as it shot out..stuff.

I believe the word you're looking for is "splooge," my friend.
Quote by HuckIt
My weirdest dream would have to be when I dreamed that I met this chick I really liked and wanted to practice sex, so I practiced on some guy I met at a gas station...that was pretty screwed up.
Quote by HavenSake
GWAR is not a thrash band. They're just heavy metal. Christ, get it right, peeps!

JESUS, I know!! It's such a big deal to get the genre right!