Page 1 of 2
Post a picture of your First Car ( or future first car )

im only 15 so i dont got a car yet but im gunna get a Celica TA-23 like in the pic

but a darker green
We may be divorced..... but we're still cousins

I came 2nd in the January 2007 Punk-0-Matic Tournament
Quote by Rankles
I frequently put capes on all my teeth and they go out fighting crime together.
having a car you say you'll get, and actually getting hold of that car are two different things altogether.

and besides, you want a cruddy first car. something you won't mind getting a bit battered
Cort lover of the Bass Militia. PM Nutter_101 to join.
On cheating in a relationship...

Quote by metaldud536
If he doesn't use a gameshark, it's not cheating.

I'm a non-regular regular old user.
and how are you going to afford said car.
If your parents never had children, chances are, you wont either.

Member #2 of Kerry/Edwards fanclub
when u ask "how will u get this car", i say "easy, i know alot of people" these people have muscle cars, and know other people with muscle cars, i also know some people in a car club of celicas. also the one i want is only like 5 grand.... also my dad had one for his first car which he raced so he knows abit about them....... plus, ive been looking in JustCars magazines (huge book advertising classic cars for sale) and there is quite a few in there.

now is anybody gunna at least say what there first car was/is?

Quote by Rankles
Quote by Jakester
when u ask "how will u get this car", i say "easy, i know alot of people" these people have muscle cars, and know other people with muscle cars, i also know some people in a car club of celicas. also the one i want is only like 5 grand.... also my dad had one for his first car which he raced so he knows abit about them....... plus, ive been looking in JustCars magazines (huge book advertising classic cars for sale) and there is quite a few in there.

now is anybody gunna at least say what there first car was/is?

yea, is there a definate chance of anyone selling one when you want it? since its not actually manufactured anymore?

didnt think of that, eh?

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
having a car you say you'll get, and actually getting hold of that car are two different things altogether.

and besides, you want a cruddy first car. something you won't mind getting a bit battered

i prefer my cars battered..mmmmmm
Quote by webaldo
papas boy

that was so un-offensive im going to not go cry

why is every one picking on meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by Rankles
Quote by IndieMetalhead
yea, is there a definate chance of anyone selling one when you want it? since its not actually manufactured anymore?

didnt think of that, eh?

oh mah gawd, ur from england u know nothing about cars in australia so leave me be. unless u have been talking to the people who own them, which i have. and reading the magazines which i have, then shuuuuuuuuuuutttttuuuuuup pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeease

Quote by Rankles
no, but i'm old enough to drive.

and do toyota's magically sprout over there in the exact colour and spec you want?

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
no, but i'm old enough to drive.

and do toyota's magically sprout over there in the exact colour and spec you want?

time for a newsbreak IndieMetalhead, you can apply paint to your car to make it a different color to what it originally is. its a very complicated thing, but this substance goes on, and dries, with a few coats of clear on it, then polished it looks very nice AND a different color

Quote by Rankles
lol. i am not a complete moron. what is it with australians?

jesus christ, i was making a statement on you claims that you WILL get this car and have it in X colour. the world does not work like that. yes, you can get it resprayed, but that costs this thing called money. and if you consistantly blow your budget you'll get nowhere. and just because it costs 5 grand somewhere, doesn't mean in a few months time it won't have gained a little price. or a lot.

how long until you can drive? how old is that classic car advertising mag? i bet you if you rang up about the celica's in there, the good quality ones will be gone.

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
lol. i am not a complete moron. what is it with australians?

jesus christ, i was making a statement on you claims that you WILL get this car and have it in X colour. the world does not work like that. yes, you can get it resprayed, but that costs this thing called money. and if you consistantly blow your budget you'll get nowhere. and just because it costs 5 grand somewhere, doesn't mean in a few months time it won't have gained a little price. or a lot.

how long until you can drive? how old is that classic car advertising mag? i bet you if you rang up about the celica's in there, the good quality ones will be gone.

its one just ONE magazine, its every issue

when i said a darker green i was merely stating what i would prefer. if its a good condition car without too much work needed to restore it (if needed) then i would accept a red, black, blue, green, white, silver, yellow celica.... now i think youve had enough arguing for one day, but if you feel like more hows this - You're right, Im wrong. Your Smart, Im dumb.

all good? now can someone pleeeeeeeeeeeease at least state what their first car was?

Quote by Rankles
Well you can't drive until your 18 so i'd wait a while before you make statements about your unknown future.
Quote by Duff_McGee
Masturbate. A lot. Seriously.

<----This is a man
Quote by Cocnut Rag
Well you can't drive until your 18 so i'd wait a while before you make statements about your unknown future.

this guy has the right idea

Quote by metaldud536

Quote by IndieMetalhead
this guy has the right idea

I think you can get your restricted license over here at 15 or something.
One more year for me but they seem to raising age limits for heaps of shit so it will probably change.
Leave the guy alone. I mean seriously.

He has a goal of what he wants in the future. Thats a whole lot better than sitting on an internet forum being a complete keyboard warrior finding fault with everything he says.

IndieMetalhead: Respray jobs are not all that expensive for a good job. He'd be looking at 2-3 grand max for a fairly decent job. Less if he has contacts and is willing to do some work himself.

Also the market for older cars is such that if you know the right people, you can get a fairly decent car for a reasonable price.

Cocnut Rag: So what if you cant drive until you're 18? You can still own a car at any age. I know people who have had their cars since they were 15 and now they are absolutely immaculate because they put alot of time into their cars because it is what they wanted.

And there are plenty of L Platers driving around with very nice cars so you dont have to be 18 to "Own a nice car"

As for the question, my first car,which i am still driving, is a 1986 N/A VL Commodore. Used to be my "fun" car, then i had to start using it for work, so its become a bit of a shitter but still goes alright for a 20 year old inline 6.

Im planning to, midway through this year upgrade to a VX with the 5.7 V8 in it.

Now, i've got a list of mods the length of my arm that im planning to do but at the moment i can only afford 3/4 of the car. Who wants to have a go at me?

****ing losers.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
ok, i admit i know jack all about cars, but i'm not one of these people that sit and say 'right, i'm having X car with Y and Z on it' without at least thinking about the possibilities.

Quote by metaldud536

These are dropping slowly in price so i hopefully would have enough in savings and earnt money by the time i can drive. Most likely wouldnt modify that much.

Edit: Nvm, id prob wait till im 16 and have a bit more money

Last edited by 99aza99 at Jan 11, 2007,
This isn't my exact car, but it's the same model:

Except mine is missing the passenger side wing mirror, and the boot doesn't open.
well seeing how the majority of people on UG seem to be in the 13-15 range you probalby wont find many here driving let alone owning cars.

for what its worth my first was a '93 ford F150, still have her and she runs like a champ with (only) 220K on the clock. oh right thats kilometers so only like 130ish miles
^ You pimp you ^
Tears in waves, minds on fire
Nights alone by your side
^ Yeah, I loved that car. Looking back on it now, I wish I would've never gotten rid of it. The problem was, I was broke and in college, and it wasn't exactly "reliable." Only now could I really afford the upkeep on it. Lot of fun to drive, though. Big plush bench seats - I felt like I was driving my couch.
Hi, I'm Peter
Quote by Mr. President
Was logging on to myspace, and came across this vid

Discuss

her first car wasnt too good.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass
My first car was a Renault 5.
Sadly it died when the steering shaft snapped... whilst I was driving Boy that was a scary experience.

I'm now driving a Toyota Yaris.
Quote by IndieMetalhead
ok, i admit i know jack all about cars, but i'm not one of these people that sit and say 'right, i'm having X car with Y and Z on it' without at least thinking about the possibilities.

It's ok mate i think maybe some people across there get spoon fed or something?

Over here 5000 for a car then 2-3000 for a paint job is a lot when you're only young. Especially when you have insurance to factor in too. I'm 20 in a couple of months and i still couldn't afford anything like that.

Looks like it would be a "manny fagnet" of a first car though!
UG's CHAV?

Providing Epilepsy to the masses.

Quote by Jakeylee111
^ I thought you'd been permabanned or given an ASBO or something...

Quote by xtheblackoutx
you're a sick person.

Renault 5's are hilarious cars. my friend drove his over the speedbumps on my road at like 50

all it did was fly and bounce. hehe.

Quote by dave_c2k2

Over here 5000 for a car then 2-3000 for a paint job is a lot when you're only young. Especially when you have insurance to factor in too. I'm 20 in a couple of months and i still couldn't afford anything like that.

oh thank you!

you understood

Quote by metaldud536

Yeah i did

Maybe he has a lot saved up but those kids who get everything bought for them just don't understand or appreciate something as much as someone who has had to work for it.

(See the vid of the girl with the red car )
UG's CHAV?

Providing Epilepsy to the masses.

Quote by Jakeylee111
^ I thought you'd been permabanned or given an ASBO or something...

Quote by xtheblackoutx
you're a sick person.

Quote by dave_c2k2

Its not un-doable to have that amount of money to spend on a first car. One of my mates, who did some acting and worked in a hospital every night after school managed to buy an $18,000 car with all his own money right outta high school.

He's since saved more and upgraded to a $35000 one.

Admittedly my car only cost me $2500 and that bankrupt me, but some people decide to work hard for what they want earlier where i only decided 6 months beforehand.
UG BLS Chapter.
SDMF#UG001
SDMF#UG002-faqu
SDMF#UG003-pantera-nat124
Fait Punto 2ltr Sport

Full body kit

alloys

10 disk multichanger..

how can i afford this? Im buying it off my dad, who is a mechanic.
Acoustic Percussion Guitar Player
Quote by InvaderTSN
I can only poop during full moons.
Quote by robertreilly666
Fait Punto 2ltr Sport

Full body kit

alloys

10 disk multichanger..

how can i afford this? Im buying it off my dad, who is a mechanic.

ahhh, the Fiat Punto. MAGIC

Myfirst real insured car was a Fiat Panda, then a Panda 4x4, then a suzuki jeep. Cool cars actually, nippy.
Squier Classic Vibe Custom
Vox Pathfinder 15R
Fender Jazz Bass

That is sitting outside my house right now waiting for me to jump in and take it for a ride. Unfortunately I'm 15 but its awesome. No CD player, no real heating, no electric windows, no boot space and best of all, NO ROAD TAX!
Quote by Bumper
Looks like you had a big bowl of Downs Syndrome for breakfast.

Member of the Bass Militia, PM Nutter_101 to join

Lover of Ashdown? Join the Ashdown Army!
Page 1 of 2