I live in India, and play lead guitar for a grunge/funk/hard rock band. At present, I'm playing an Ibanez GAX30 (2 humbuckers) with a Line 6 Pod XT Live. I'm looking to upgrade to one of these guitars that fit my budget ($500):

1) Yamaha AES620
(Seymour Duncan '59 and Yamaha Alnico pickups, 3-way toggle selector)

2) Schecter C-1 Artist Limited Edition
(Seymour Duncan '59 and Seymour Duncan JB pickups, 5-way toggle selector)

Both guitars cost $500, and look great. Unfortunately, I can't try either guitar for myself, given my location. I was wondering if anyone could tell me which guitar I should go for, since I play a variety of styles, and a lot of solo guitar as well. I'm looking for versatile tone, which is why I'm a bit partial to the 5-way Schecter. I'd really appreciate your comments. Thanks a ton!
if it was me id get a schecter c-1 only because ive played it and it sounds damn good for metal.
Quote by dethofmoo
haha you said shlong. that means penis. haha your hair is like a penis. penis-hair!

Quote by Vin2254
I once strummed so hard the earth cracked in two and satan rose from the firey pits of hell and marveled in my glorious strumming abilities. True story.
schecter!! me from india too, new delhi

Epiphone Les Paul Standard
Yamaha EG 303 electric guitar
Washburn D8 acoustic
Korg Ax 10 G signal processor (sold)
Digitech Bad Monkey Tube Overdrive
Dunlop Zakk Wylde Crybaby
Ibanez Chorus/flanger
Rogue Wah
Roland Microcube
Peavey Amp

EMU 0404 PCI
Shure SM 57
Steinberg Cubase SX 3
Guitar Rig 2
Amplitube 2

Watch me playing:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49euAGIZIwc
Hear my song:http://www.freefileupload.net/file.php?file=files/161206/1166273725/recording6.mp3
Scheter Schecter!!!!!!! Great Souding Guitar.
--Caleb
Quote by caughtinamosh
don't stick your penis in it

MY RIG!
Kramer Striker Custom FR-424 CM
B.c Rich Bronze Warlock
Johnson Electric Acoustic
Zoom GFX-1 Multi Effect pedal
Randall RX25
Behringer Distortion Pedal
thanks so much for your replies! I think I'm going to go for the Schecter... but I'd love to hear from others as well. Cheers!
The C-1 I Have a Damien-FR and it's the best guitar i've ever played, and supposedly the C-1 Is even Better!
well, im not just trying to follow the crowd here, but i've been looking into the c-1 artist for about a month, and its a great value. Set neck, real duncan's, just beautiful. And i think the Yamaha looks kinda ugly, IMO.
The Gearz:

Schecter Omen 6
B-52 At-100 head + 4x12 cab
Yamaha EG303
Digitech Bad Monkey Overdrive
Last edited by A7XRemenissions at Jan 11, 2007,
I'd say the yamaha- it has a jb in the bridge, though, not a '59, far as I know.

and +1 on the washburn that was mentioned.
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
the schecter it has a 5 way pickup selector so it is much more versatile
both are great guitars in their own ways(yes, i've played both). it comes down to whether you want a strat style, or a les paul style. you can't go wrong with either.
Quote by minixmin
the schecter it has a 5 way pickup selector so it is much more versatile

er, an hour with a soldering iron will fix that (granted, you may need to convert the pickups to 4 conductor, or buy new ones).
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Quote by lefty_strat_str
both are great guitars in their own ways(yes, i've played both). it comes down to whether you want a strat style, or a les paul style. you can't go wrong with either.

what i really want to know is whether all 5 pickup modes on the Schecter sound good... 'cause if the middle two are redundant, then the yamaha is just as good, right?
^ well, if you're any good with a soldering iron, you can make the yamaha have the same pickup selections as the schecter- though the yamaha pickups might be 2 conductor, in which case you'd need to try to convert the pickups to 2-conductor (i think pink queen did a tutorial on that a while back, it is more work though), or just buy new 4 conductor pickups.

splitting a humbucker won't sound as good as a true single coil, by the way.
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?