The bridge or the neck? Which pickups do you guys prefer when solo-ing and why do you prefer that? I know this is kinda pointless, but i just wanted to find out what most people prefer
usually with wah i use the bridge, otherwise the neck for fast picking runs
Fender Jim Root Signature Telecaster
Martin Westside Custom Edition
Peavey 6505
Peavey XXX Cab
ISP Decimator Prorack G
Sennheiser EW172 G3
Sennheiser wireless IEM
Ibanez TS9DX
Boss TU-2 Tuner
MY BAND:
http://www.myspace.com/thedirtyyouth
It depends on what kinda sound you want. For slower, more powerful solos, I normally use the bridge pickup. For faster solos, I normally use the neck pickup. But mostly it depends on your guitars pickup settings. I have my neck pickup further down than most people, so I dont get too much crunch. And my bridge pickup is about average. But I use a Digitech Metal Pedal for ALL of my distortion, so that also contributes to it. But use the neck for a fuller sound, and the bridge for a screaming sound (on most basic pickup settings).
Silvertone SSL(under reconstruction)
JCM100 Marshall
Fender UltimateChorus
Digitech Death Metal
Peavy PA System

DON'T CLICK HERE OR ELSE!
If you take the neck pu and switch your tone poti down while being in a nice distortian you've got a sound like some QUOTSA solos, very nice.
***I'm not English-speaking so sorry if there's something wrong***

Gear:

Peavey Raptor 2 (Strat cop)
Ibanez SAS-32 FMDRS
Gibson accoustic from the 50s
Aria accoustic
Peavey amp
Hughes & Kettner Matrix 100
Ibanez LowFi7
Why use neck pup when playing faster solos?I realise when I play using my neck pup,the sound gets kinda bassy.Sorta like me blowing a microphone hard.
MY GEAR
Ibanez SA160QM
Laney HCM10
Squier Bullet Strat
MXR Carbon Copy
Zoom Tri Metal
Modtone Flanger(mini)
EHX LPB-1
Korg Pitchblack
Timtone acoustic
I use my neck pickup, it sounds a lot smoother and fuller in my opinon. With the bridge it can be kind of harsh and bright when playing higher up.
Quote by De Amazing Blob
I use my neck pickup, it sounds a lot smoother and fuller in my opinon. With the bridge it can be kind of harsh and bright when playing higher up.

You mean the bridge? lol the one all the way to the left is the bridge pickup. The neck pickup is whats meant to give you harser sounds.
yea, my neck pickup is smoother but it tends to get real bassy. of course, i'm using stock rg370dx pickups.. =(
Originally Posted by Devon8822
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
I use the neck PU mainly, but I have been know to leaving both of them on, and during some of the solo's i may alternate between the two but a favour the neck PU, the bridge PU on a LP is a bit brutal when it comes to trebble, so you have to move the tone, so I like to use both at the sametime and alternate.
member #3 of the Les Paul owners club, pm Waterboy799 to join

Gibson Les Paul Std Trans Amber
Gibson Les Paul Std P90 Gold top
Gibson Les Paul 1968 Custom V.O.S.
1980 Chiquita Travel Guitar
Fender 2006 Anniversary
Ashdown Fallen Angel stack.
Definitely down at the bridge.
It gives me a much heavier sound, which is what I want when i solo
I hope it doesn't seem, like I'm young, foolish, and green.
Let me in for a minute, you're not my life but I want you in it

O Dayya, te echaré de menos, siempre

Y siempre
Y para siempre
Does the bridge pickup allow you to cut through the noise made by your band when you're playing solos? I noticed that most people tend to get their solos drowned out by the band.
No!! Stop Now, Plugging More Than One Pedal In At A Time Could Be A Disaster.... Your Guitar Will Explode And Kill Your Band.

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
neck pickup, much smoother creamier tone, also alternate picking sounds much better with the neck pickup, it sounds more exposed

also to the guy who said his neck pickup sounded too bassy, try adjusting your pickup or just lowering the bass on your amp
My Musical attempts

My youtube music channel

Quote by TOMMYB22
Dammit, beaten to it, and by someone with the same name

CURSE YOU TOMMYT!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote by daeqwon10000
I hate tommyt and the high horse which he rides upon
Quote by fatboythin
Does the bridge pickup allow you to cut through the noise made by your band when you're playing solos? I noticed that most people tend to get their solos drowned out by the band.

You need high and midrange boost for that.
^ thanks for clearing that up stratwizard

Quote by KrustyD3mons
thanks man

^To me

My gear:
Ibanez RG370DX
Roland Cube 30
Quote by schwedengitarre
If you take the neck pu and switch your tone poti down while being in a nice distortian you've got a sound like some QUOTSA solos, very nice.

hit the nail on the head.

i use a strat neck pup with tone on 0 and my big muff on. sounds super crazy.
<*ELECTRO*>
XXXXX
XXXXX