Hi all,

I've just started playing electric guitar for about 5-6 months. I play acoustic guitar previously and I currently own a Schecter 006 Extreme.

The specifications are over here:

CONSTRUCTION/SCALE: Bolt-on /25.5”
BODY: Basswood w/ Figured Maple Top
NECK/FINGERBOARD: Maple/Rosewood
FRETS: 22 Jumbo
INLAYS: Vector
PICKUPS: 2 Schecter High Output Alnico humbuckers
ELECTRONICS: Vol/Tone (tap)/ 3-way
BRIDGE: TOM w/ thru-body
BINDING: Creme (body, neck, headstock)

I've played the guitar through a couple of amps. I have a Randall RX15 for practice at home. The best amp I've actually got the chance to play with so far is a Fender '64 Vibroverb Custom.

http://www.fender.com/products/search.php?partno=8140000000

Now, I think its a pretty decent guitar for my level but I would like to know if there's any pickups worthy of buying for a very rock sound. I play rock, blues, and jazz. I'm looking for a good rock sound. Any pickups to recommend.

Cheers to anyone who could help out here.
Dimarzio Breed pair is a good bet to cover those styles, you'll get a fat, warm lower mudrange and plenty of crunch. If you wan't the bridge a bit less warm put a Norton in there.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Yea I am actually looking for a warmer sound. The sound is a little too bright for my liking. Cheers. Any other pickups and what price range are the DiMarzio pickups in?
Definitely Breeds, they're high-output, but not so high output as to kill the cleans and it keeps them versatile. If you're in the US I think they're around $80 each.
Actually called Mark!

Quote by TNfootballfan62
People with a duck for their avatar always give good advice.

...it's a seagull

Quote by Dave_Mc
i wanna see a clip of a recto buying some groceries.

stuffmycatswatchontv.tumblr.com
Seymour Duncan Alnico II Pro Pickups (Bridge and Neck)... Thats the Slash Setup. Or if you want to mix it up and need a little more umph then get the Seymour Duncan Pearly Gates in your bridge position... I play an Schecter Omen 6 and i put a Dimebucker and an Alnico II Pro (Bridge & neck, respectively) in it. Schecters are VERY underrated, especially for the bang to buck ratio.
Yeah I'm not too disappointed with my guitar. I think its pretty decent. Not the best but oh well. I think the mine is probably the lousiest Schecter guitar though.

Any idea what the Seymour Duncan pickups might cost?
MIJ Ibanez RG450
MIM Fender Stratocaster
Schecter 006 Extreme
Randall RX15 amp
Boss GT8
I would check out GFS and their PAF pickups. They're a lot like the classic Les Paul pickups and would be a great fit for your style of music. Plus they're dirt cheap from Guitar Fetish.

On the other hand, you have a small solid state practice amp, not exactly a tone machine. Instead of pickups I'd get a Valve Jr head and 2x12 cabinet.
It's a fine line between clever and stupid.